1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need website template- xhtml and css based

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by articlesandcontent, Apr 20, 2005.

Greetings:
    First of all, I need to say I am not a web designer and I do not understand anything about building templates. I was just told that my website looks really bad in FireFox and i.e. 6. This person told me I would need to find a new template that is based on XHTML and CSS. And use that.

I want to trade a template building service for my content writing services. I am willing to offer three articles per month, of 500 words each ( this service has a value of $27, according to the prices I charge) for five months- this will sum a total of 15 articles and a value of $135.
    If anyone is interested in bartering with me , please P.M. I really need this done as soon as possible, it is giving a bad look to my business.
    Thank you!

articlesandcontent, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
  3. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Sounds like someone is trying to get in your pockets. The site in your sig has a fine template IMO. I do not care for some of the design, but it's salavagable. If this is the site in question, you're not far off.

Don't panic and spent too much so fast.

noppid, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  4. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking that, a bit of tiding up,change the anchors etc.. most of it looks ok

Design Agent, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  5. articlesandcontent

articlesandcontent Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you are right guys. Someone is really trying to get in my pockets. I got several PM´s today telling me my site looks OK and is viewable with most browsers.Thank you for being here !!
    I will cancel this request and try to tide up myself.
    Thank you all for your valuable advice. Design Agent, thank you so much for your kind email and useful tips. I will follow them :)

articlesandcontent, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  6. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a problem.. I think go spend a couple of hundred and get someone to make the quick fixes for you..then do the rest yourself.

Design Agent, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  7. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    I can make that page validate in like 15 minutes. Then you can keep re-using it as the main template or apply the edits to the copies of it.

You are not looking at alot of work there.

I would change some color tones a bit to improve contrast and follow the previous advice on the SEO stuff.

You are really really close.

noppid, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  8. grantmoney

grantmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a couple hundred is a bit more than was offered in the first place :)

grantmoney, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  9. articlesandcontent

articlesandcontent Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I am ready to cry now! A lady from a forum I belong to just said she would not trust my services because my website looked like a nightmare and it made her want to scream.
    LOL
    Help??? anyone??

articlesandcontent, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  10. grantmoney

grantmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm, i certainly wouldn't say it's that bad, but i can understand someone being a little wary. the thing is, you're not selling web design so it shouldn't really matter a great deal. i guess some people won't deal with businesses who don't have a site that is 100% bug free! funny thing is, i haven't seen too many of those around!

grantmoney, Apr 22, 2005 IP