1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need VPS

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by ruzler, Jun 2, 2014.

As you can see my demand is hosting provider with good vps. I only need suggestions from personal experience. My budget is not so high so if you can recommend cheapest packages with best stability. I already done some search and found vpspath.com offers, any idea about their services? Thanks in advance!

ruzler, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  2. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don’t have any experience with them, as I never heard their name before. Though, their basic VPS hosting package is really attractive, but it seems like they are offering customer support from only email channel (Ticket System), no live chat, no phone support. So in the case of emergency, you would have only one option to contact them. If you have already tested their response time and satisfied, then I can say try their basic package, but do not forget to check their money back guarantee policies.

paullopez, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  3. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great VPS servers are provided by Fastnext company. Their support is realiable and the servers uptime is not lower than 99.9%.

hosting_spec80, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  4. Punk Media VP

Punk Media VP Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for reliable VPS, check out https://www.punkmedia.net
    I know, I'm doing shameless plugs but, we're reaching out to those who have over-payed with other hosting providers. Hope we can help you.
    And yes, I am a real person (I have to say that in every post, ha).

Let me know if you have questions. ~Mike.

Punk Media VP, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  5. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Ruzler, I have never heard of that company either. The fact that they can only respond support wise via a ticket system could leave you in the lurch in the future if you have issues. A better idea might be to explore any special offers from hosting providers who have been in the industry for a good length of time. Additionally, live chat, e-mail and phone support options can be a big bonus when you find that you have issues. Another factor in pricing to consider on VPS hosting plans is if they are managed or not. If they are not managed then when you need help it could cost you more overall if you have to pay administration fees. Consider the greater potential overall future costs. vs. the monthly price of a hosting plan.

JPC-Sabrina, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  6. Premium_Domain_sales

Premium_Domain_sales Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using Turnkey Internet for my own use. i have 3 vps with them.100% uptime & great speed.

Highly recommended them :)

Premium_Domain_sales, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  7. TheFall

TheFall Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you need to share your demands and budget with us to make us proper suggestions. As I know vpspath.com plans have good uptime and skilled tech staff.

TheFall, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  8. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is your budget for the VPS? What specification and server location you need? Share these details, we can then suggest a suitable hosting provider.

MilesWeb, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  9. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    volumedrive - 4.95$ a month
    digitalocean - 5$ a month
    amazonaws ( for starting free tier only after that, it will get ridiculously expensive)
    if you can use it, webmin as server panel.

competent123, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  10. laicen

laicen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for hosting i don't know what to suggest, because we are using only shared hosting for simple projects, and dedi for more important projects. But for SEO we tried greencloudvps.com and was doing a great job. You will find some problems for hosting website, but maybe in the future they will fix this too. But the guys are great and doing a good job, so i will suggest to take a look at their offers if you are looking for a good price.

laicen, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  11. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its important to note that unless you have a few gigs of ram having a vps is entirely useless. I learned that the hard way.

I use these folks https://www.iwfhosting.net/vps/ My pro platinum plan is a steal compared to most. It used to be 100 dollars less than the same thing on hostgator. Its about half the cost these days.

More noteworthy.. the support is where they really got me. I have spoken to 1 of 2 people only in about a year now. I much prefer knowing who I am dealing with rather than some random phone guy.

My problems get resolved in real time and typically in less than 10 minutes. Having had about 10 different hosts for various things in the last 12 years I can safely sawy it would take an act of god to get my off their servers.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  12. ceo.worldfriend.web.id

ceo.worldfriend.web.id Member

Best Answers:
    your budget $4/month??

ceo.worldfriend.web.id, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  13. Macarka

Macarka Banned

Best Answers:
    Why not to give them a try? As I see vpspath.com have reasonable offers and good pricing. Best experience is personal one as for me.

Macarka, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  14. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I just replied to a similar question in a different thread, what I recommend is DigitalOcean, their cheapest VPS is 5 USD / month you get 20 GB ssd storage which should be plenty for any webmaster(I myself is doing fine hosting 20 websites on 5 gb storage space on MDDHositng), for administering your server I'd recommend that you get one of these free cpanel alternatives that I wrote a blog post about a few minutes ago.

Helge Sverre, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  15. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice blog post, but there is no match for cPanel. Those alternatives you mentioned in your blog post are indeed good, but many people find it difficult to get used to with them. Anyway, you can also add DirectAdmin, Webmin and Encompass control panels in your post. Note: Encompass is a product of cPanel for Windows environment.

Regarding to OPs query, I would say he at least need to reply so members can suggest appropriate solutions.

paullopez, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  16. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    DirectAdmin and Encompass is not free, and webmins interface is horrible and it's not meant as a web hosting control panel, it is meant as a server control panel, it does not have any website hosting features afaik.

Helge Sverre, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  17. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, but DirectAdmin comes a lot near as a good alternative to cPanel in case of the tight budget. Encompass, is available with 1 year free license. And yes, Webmin interface is really horrible, but you can manage website through Virtualmin plugin. Anyway, we will discuss these things in the future into the relevant thread.

For OP, I think he needs to choose one of the control panel mentioned in your post to lower the cost of VPS without compromising on resources.

paullopez, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  18. Sammi Rose

Sammi Rose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Need in VPS? Softsys Hosting can help you with your requirement. There are offers going for discounts or free ram. hopefully it helps you!

Sammi Rose, Aug 8, 2014 IP
  19. iServeMe

iServeMe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can always try :
    https://www.iserveme.com

iServeMe, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  20. thrusthost

thrusthost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you know host-palace?? i have used their vps. try them they are good :)

thrusthost, Aug 30, 2014 IP