1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need urgent SEO opinion

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jimmybrion, Jul 30, 2013.

Hi,

We have a business running with a domain www.example.com. I am doing SEO for www.example.com and ranking well for several keywords.

But now my company decided to use www.example.com as adwords landing page. They are going to delete all 200 pages of my website and keep www.example.com as a single page website.

So i immediately purchased new domain www(dot)example(dot)org.This will be replica of current 200 page seo targeted website and now i planning to redirect all www.example.com pages to respective www(dot)example(dot)org. I will continue for www.example.org

Now i want to confirm whether i am doing right or not ?

Because one of my friend suggesting to use www2.example.com for SEO. But my opinion is www2 is a sub-domain and it is used for load balancing. So i prefer www(dot)example(dot)org for my SEO activities.

So i think i am going in right way with using www(dot)example(dot)org instead of sub-domain

Please share your opinions. I appreciate it.

jimmybrion, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  2. SystemOAD

SystemOAD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Tbh either would be just the same in terms of seo, but what I don't understand is why do this in the first place?

Why would your company want to disturb a site which is working well in gaining organic traffic?!

SystemOAD, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  3. Seo By India

Seo By India Active Member

Best Answers:
    when you are getting good organic traffic then you try to avoid to do exercise with the current web site one you can go with new domain with google adwords , part from this , you are absolutely correct www2 is just for control load time redirection methods and if it's essential for you to move that domain to new one then you can go with 301 , redirect methods to safe your current ranking .

Seo By India, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  4. pavv

pavv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Choose the .org domain . It's not easy for an user to remember www2.domain.com

pavv, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  5. jimmybrion

jimmybrion Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My basic query is - instead of going for www2.example.com for SEO, i can choose www.example.org right ?

jimmybrion, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  6. pavv

pavv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. Use 301 redirects to the new domain.

pavv, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  7. piano007

piano007 Banned

Best Answers:
    go with .org, thats better option

piano007, Jul 30, 2013 IP