1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to target the youth market for a dating app

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by FireStorM, Jul 12, 2016.

Hi need some tips.. I need to target the youth market for a dating app, what is the most effective way to do this, what sites to target etc
    thanks

FireStorM, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The youth go to school every weekday and are on Facebook and other social networking sites. Why would they need a dating app? That is like the easiest period of your life to hook up with someone.

dcristo, Jul 12, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. AppBoost

AppBoost Banned

Best Answers:
    Sorry I think you do not have need to focus on the young app users. In fact, younger ones will have more chance to data in real life. So I think you need to promote it based on the app feature, Dating. Keyword Optimization in App Store can help your app rank higher if it gets enough organic installs. When users type Dating in search bar, the app ranks top 20 with higher rating will get more installs.

While how to get installs or reviews? I would like to share you some free and paid methods for app promotion based on my experience.

Free ones

Exchange installs & reviews/Cross promotion

Once you published your app in Store, you can market it with cross promotion with other apps by installs and reviews exchange. It is free while it is still hard to find that publishers like you. You may try some Cross-promotion networks (CPN), Facebook group or exchange forums. And there are many groups on networks where publishers can exchange installs and reviews each other. However, generating installs or reviews from users will take much longer time.

Social media networks

Having a Facebook Page for your app is a must-have where you can ask them how they like your app designs and features and any get feedbacks. Also, you can share any news about your app, etc. However, remember not to make your posts only about your app, though. That is boring. It’s like talking to someone at a party who only talks about themselves.

Make a video

Videos shows great ability even just 30 seconds, it has power to show users why the App is worth a try. Make up a story of your app? Show the real life? Yeah, both OK.

Offline promotion

Make connect with your friends and families. You may ask them to help you spread your app in their relationship circle. Also, participate in meetings or conferences that are relevant to your App, and make full use of it to build partnerships.

Paid ones

Buy app rating & reviews

One app can get reviews, it must get installs firstly. Positive reviews will help a lot on app overall ranking as users have to install, play the app before rating and reviewing. At the same time, the traffic is from real users which is organic. It will Not have bad impact on apps.

Paid advertisements

CPI ad networks would be better for app installs than CPC, CPM. Run advertisements on some Android forums, Google ads or social media, it is one common method for publishers to promote app. But you know, there are many people browsing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. There are less targeted audience for your app.

Generate installs

Higher ranking is extremely helpful for app visibility. App can get installs from users directly via download link. Or drive install via keyword search. The former method is straight forward install amounts singly. While latter one aims at helping app ranking in App Store search results. Keyword optimization also will guide real users to install the app via targeted keywords relevant to your app.

AppBoost, Jul 14, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to stalk Tinder, what they do - you need to do. They had huge radio promotion in NZ and that helped them take off here. Having the resources of match.com won't have hurt either.

@dcristo I know of young men using Tinder, hell that young Kiwi girl got killed up on the Gold Coast so we know young people use it.
    Maybe in Mauritius it's harder to meet people?

sarahk, Jul 14, 2016 IP
    Sabrina73 likes this.
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I remember that story. So sad.

dcristo, Jul 14, 2016 IP
  6. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should target this on Facebook, because on this platform you can do almost thing that you want such as: target on gender, on age, on interest, on behavior,...and many things more to target.

daica85, Jul 16, 2016 IP
  7. Nguyenthihathu

Nguyenthihathu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    target young girls and boys often click on shopping sites, beauty site ...

Nguyenthihathu, Jul 27, 2016 IP
  8. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that you should create a campaign on Facebook because you can get deep in demograhics. For my food blog, I have a Facebook campaign and Google Adwords. The Facebook campaign is wininng.

Sabrina73, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  9. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could you please share your adset and your targets?

daica85, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  10. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My target is both men and woman (mostly women), ages 22-45, in the USA and China and people who have showed interests in food and cooking. The types of dishes I make are soul food (American southern) and Asian style.

FYI, I wrote a review about a deep fryer that I bought from Walmart that I have an affiliate with, so I'm publicizing that page. In fact, I'm going to do a Facebook post about a food chopper I bought over the weekend and a cast iron skillet... that I also bought from Walmart. I will use an affilate link.

Your target I'm sure is different.

Sabrina73, Aug 4, 2016 IP