1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to remove HTML meta tag from WordPress website

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by mike_sun, Apr 12, 2017.

Hi,
    Everyone!
    I wanted to have two separate Adsense for my 2 different website. One for Old and One for New.
    Accidentally i login with my old a/c and make it owner of my new website in search console with meta tag method (meta tag was already available on my website).

Now, While i added Google Adsense code to my new website, it produces error that reads:
    Your AdSense account is different from the one registered for this site. Please contact your site owner.
    I believe i need to remove the meta tag but i tried all the way possible but couldn't get it done.
    Meta tag: <meta name="google-site-verification" content="kz1-ttLctnLod32-b3Jeto1BeH5yOIMQz3q3gkPmtj0" />

Please anyone help me removing the meta tag from my WordPress website.

Thank you all!

mike_sun, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  2. nsb2006

nsb2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For WordPress, the meta tag is generated from either a/c or templates.

If you cannot find it in a/c, then try to search it in your current templates directory, typically it would appear in header.php or index.php.

nsb2006, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  3. mike_sun

mike_sun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thank you so much for answering.
    I tried to look into each php files of template but i don't find them anywhere in the codes.
    I even Google for this and does all possible thing but end up nowhere. I really am getting frustrated now.

mike_sun, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  4. nsb2006

nsb2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you checked your a/c settings? If still not found then export database and try to search it in .sql file.

There must be a entry for it, either in file or in database.

nsb2006, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  5. mike_sun

mike_sun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What a/c setting you want me to look for?
    I checked the SQL files, they are lot more to check so quickly, is there any specific file to check for?
    I Google and found stopping all plugins easily remove meta tag for many people but it also doesnt work with me.
    I don't know what to do?

mike_sun, Apr 15, 2017 IP
  6. nsb2006

nsb2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check if you have any plugin able to set meta tag in a/c.

If not found, search "kz1-ttLctnLod32-b3Jeto1BeH5yOIMQz3q3gkPmtj0" in exported database file.

If still not found, you might need to search the string in website directory on server (if using a vps/cloud) by:
    cd /< your website directory >
    grep -r  'kz1-ttLctnLod32-b3Jeto1BeH5yOIMQz3q3gkPmtj0' .
    Code (markup):
    or backup the whole site to local computer and search it in file with a third-party text editor like Notepad++ (if using a shared hosting).

nsb2006, Apr 15, 2017 IP
  7. ashishkg

ashishkg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you deactivate the SEO plugin from site and check header.php file once more or check in function file as well.

ashishkg, Apr 17, 2017 IP
  8. alexmv

alexmv Peon

Best Answers:
    All of the Site Verification Services can be accessed via your Settings →Traffic screen. Do you see there <meta name="google-site-verification" content="kz1-ttLctnLod32-b3Jeto1BeH5yOIMQz3q3gkPmtj0" /> ?

But removing the meta tag will not solve the problem, I think. Because you already assigned this site as a property of your old account. Did you try to remove this property from Google’s Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools) for your old account and add it to the new one? I think this is the correct solution.

alexmv, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  9. hungtaikei

hungtaikei Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you find in header.php

hungtaikei, May 4, 2017 IP