1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to make a script to send to mysql then create and populate a php page

Discussion in 'Databases' started by static1635, Jan 19, 2015.

I am a bit of a coding numpty.

I have a form on my non-profit site that can send a query string to a redirect URL. Currently I take the info and populate a php page by hand!

Is there a script anywhere that can take the query string, put it into a database, create a page and then populate the page with the info submitted into the form?

OR how hard would it be to make it myself?

I have been looking for sometime for this.

Thanks for any help.

static1635, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This is normally what forms do - submit information to either a search-query, or input the information into some sort of storage engine (normally a database) - I'm a little unsure why you do this manually? Why not just have the form post to a php-page which takes the values and inputs them? (You'll have to consider security-concerns, of course, but apart from that, this is quite simple).

PoPSiCLe, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  3. static1635

static1635 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I expect it is quite simple. I have a form already that can send the values to a php page, the issue is not really knowing how to manipulate it. I guess once I have worked that out I was then indeed worried about the security and wondered if to be safe I should just get an out of the box solution, paid for or not.... just knowing what is best to do

4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt you'll find any ready-made solution that will do exactly what you need, but depending on the existing system you're trying to amend, this should be a one, maybe two-hour job for someone competent (given that you have the db-information etc.) Not necessarily full hours, but considered as "minimum billing hours".

PoPSiCLe, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  5. static1635

static1635 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is good advice, thank you! :)