1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to hire hacker/investigator website under attack

Discussion in 'Security' started by ididnttouchit, Jul 11, 2011.

Constant bombardment of site/ attempts to access admin files. Is there a way to track ip behind proxy?

ididnttouchit, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  2. phpSiteMinder

phpSiteMinder Peon

Best Answers:
    Ideally all your admin scripts should be in a directory protected by an htaccess password authentication.

phpSiteMinder, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  3. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is global daily tradition that such files are "attacked"
    you need no one to hire
    all you need is to fully secure ALL installed SW
    and then AFTER you secure all SW, you install mod_security and/or snort
    and you have peace of mind with hundreds of various hacker attempts each day
    every site owner and server owner has to live with that
    the only difference is that MOST site owners have NO idea what is going on on their sites, that's why we have we have the huge numbers if hackers/phishing sites active on sleeping webmaster sites

hans, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  4. rNet4

rNet4 Peon

Best Answers:
    its next to impossible to track ppl unless you have resources

rNet4, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  5. Tanya Roberts

Tanya Roberts Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only way is to track a user is via "JavaScript", "JAVA" but they must run that on their PC. All the server side scripts never could find the proxy.

NOTE:

The JS shouldn't look like this:
    <script src="tracker.js" type="text/javascript" ></script>
    Code (markup):
    You must make a script that will load another script so that the URL doesn't get encrypted by the Proxy server.

But the problem with these is:
    1) They might have used multiple proxy. i.e. First a browser SOCKS proxy and secondly browsing web via Online proxy.
    2) The Online proxy may have disabled the JS to get load.

And talking about JAVA, if you have installed the your JAVA program in their PC, you can control their PC easily.

But the problem with all is If they have made a special BOT for your website to perform such action.

ADVICE: Try to ban all the list of proxy servers that you get all over the internet.

Tanya Roberts, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  6. Zach Thompson

Zach Thompson Member

Best Answers:
    Not possible to trace IP's and contact ISPS etc?

Zach Thompson, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  7. Sweetie2006

Sweetie2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought a PDF college book online, and the person steals my money and did not send me anything, I contacted Paypal, but they said they could not do anything about it because I bought the intangible items ( PDF file of college books ), but I would like to track this person down before he cheated more people .

Pay-pal protect him and would not release his address of his profile, as far as I know, his bank account is Non-US, he might be in India or other Asian country. I want to track him down to report to the police either here or local police wherever he is.

He uses name in pay pal : Lap Tran

Pay-pal Email address:

Seller email address:

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

thanks...

Sweetie2006, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  8. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why would you want to keep a track of other people? And wanting to hack your own website? It is good to make sure for security reasons.

unknownpray, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  9. pigpromoter

pigpromoter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    List each of those IPs in your firewall rules, allow access to admin section only from your own IP(s), move sensitive files out of /www and the rest. I bet you'll find a lot of tips if you dig this forum.

^^^ and this idiot obviously doesn't know the difference between JS and Java. You could, technically, set up a Java applet that's being hidden in a 1px spot on your page and track users who don't forward all connections to the proxy. But that used to work in like 1997.

pigpromoter, Aug 13, 2011 IP