1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to find a (really) FREE pure CSS menu compatible in most browsers.

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Eric44, Jan 31, 2014.

I'm kind of new to website building; my site uses an horizontal javascript menu, and of course, internet explorer with javascript turned off makes my site totally unusable.

I've tried to make my own pure CSS menu, but it seems it's styled differently in each browser.
    And then there's the accessibility to crawling motors from search engines to consider.

So, is there a short way to this ?
    Most free advertised pure CSS menus need to be purchased.

Anyone knows a good (really )free version ?

Sorry if i'm being cheap...

Eric44, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with being "cheap", that people would charge for a CSS menu is a laugh.

I generally don't "off the shelf" my menus as thanks to different styling and different content on every site, it's best to build them "as needed". The technique I like to use is to set the LI in the menu to overflow:hidden and the child UL to position:absolute.

If you have a general example of the content and how you want it styled, as well as an example of the page it's going into, I can quickly toss together a menu for you, as well as a lineby-lne breakdown of how it works so you can learn how to build one yourself. (It's what I do)

Also, how far back on IE do you need support? IE6/lower doesn't support 'hover' on all elements, so a bit of scripting assist is needed if you care about that browser.

deathshadow, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  3. limitlessjz

limitlessjz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure what exact kind of menu you're looking for but there are some good ones on the list below. Not sure if you've seen that already.

httx://designm.ag/freebies/34-free-open-source-css-code-snippets/

limitlessjz, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  4. saikatkhulna

saikatkhulna Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Eric44,
    if you need a pure css menu you should find a css menu from google or find someone who can make this for you.

You should try this http://line25.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-pure-css-dropdown-menu site or this http://csswizardry.com/2011/02/creating-a-pure-css-dropdown-menu/ site. There are a clear description how to create pure css menu and they are compatible for all browser.
    and if you need your own style menu then find someone.

hope that's help

saikatkhulna, Feb 25, 2014 IP