1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need to change host

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by cyberfeb, Aug 3, 2011.

i need someone to recomm a good sharehost or vps services i was on a share host that was unlimited everything but everytime like 50-60 members online at one time my site goes for 5min and say am using up too much resorce so o need to wait for 5 min i need a better host or vps service plz tell me some good one

cyberfeb, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  2. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're likely to encounter this issue with most shared hosts. The "unlimited everything" isn't, because it will never include unlimited CPU, RAM, Disk I/O, or network capacity, and these are the things that really count when it come to hosting. However, don't listen to those who say "its all a marketing hype" (it may be - I do have an opinion about this) becaues ALL shared hosts.....every single one of them....has conditions and restrictions about CPU, RAM etc usage, and they're not really any different from an "unlimited" host.

Moving to a dedicated server or VPS may be an answer, but the first solution you should be seeking is finding out what is causing these peaks and seeing if you can't reduce them in some way. 50-60 members online at any single time shouldn't bother a shared host, but there is something is your programme that is causing problems on the server. If you can fix that issue it will save you money, time, and grief in moving hosts.

On the other hand, if your host is an incompetent fool then moving hosts might not be a bad idea.

RonBrown, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  3. SiberForum

SiberForum Banned

Best Answers:
    I suppose that you have to try narrowing your list of options by looking at the cheapest web host package that can meet your needs at the same time.

SiberForum, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  4. wedoev

wedoev Peon

Best Answers:
    With my knowledge I suggest hostgator is good host for shared host :) and Other thing is host can be anything Use CDN or other image host like imgur or amazon s3 file stronge for static files so it will be faster at the other users end. There is free tier plan with amazon s3 and I love it :)

wedoev, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  5. atinga

atinga Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have made up your mind to move, while don't you include a budget for it.
    A good narrow of your search such as server location, and what you do online could hasten the suggestions people will make for you.

atinga, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  6. TheFall

TheFall Banned

Best Answers:
    I think that you should choose time-tested hosts such as Hosteasier.com. Check their offers for more information.

TheFall, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  7. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who are you currently hosting with, what kind of website do you have, and what kind of script is it running on (if any)?

micksss, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  8. SecureNS

SecureNS Peon

Best Answers:
    I have posted this many times, the people who go with the Big players in this game are novices/newbies to the hosting industry. Smaller/Medium sized hosts can be more negotiable then the Big players they don't really appreciate your business as much as the smaller/medium sized hosts.

Just my 2 cents.

SecureNS, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  9. cyberfeb

cyberfeb Member

Best Answers:
    am with hosting24 7.84 a month hosting that are recommend must be at least 2years

cyberfeb, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  10. SecureNS

SecureNS Peon

Best Answers:
    That is the premium version of 000WebHosting, who by far are the worst "Free" Hosting company i have ever experienced.

SecureNS, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  11. SecureNS

SecureNS Peon

Best Answers:
    This forum is just full of self vouchers promoting there fly by websites.

SecureNS, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  12. 1truth

1truth Member

Best Answers:
    the best solution is to use a low end vps for better power and performance, try shopaserver.com .

1truth, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  13. no_more

no_more Peon

Best Answers:
    FDCServers.net provide cheap and best VPS hosting. You can try it..

no_more, Sep 7, 2011 IP