1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need suggestion for buying new laptop.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fireservice, Nov 22, 2008.

I m going to purchase new laptop with my online earning.
    so need suggestion for my new laptop configuration, brand, model no., etc. etc.

plz help me,

if anybody suggest me from india then thats better for me becaz i m from rajasthan, india.

fireservice, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  2. fireurimagination

fireurimagination Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe your purchase will depends upon your budget, if your budget is high go your HP Pavilon, Sony Viao or Dell or else Compaq or Lenovo

fireurimagination, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  3. fireservice

fireservice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hahahahhaha
    thanks for your suggestion but i cant understand.
    u give me all reputed company name. plz suggest me specific brand name with current high(good) configuration.

My budget is approximate (edit)1000$ (45k Rs.)

thanks.

4. triphp123

triphp123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $100 for a new laptop...i think you will be lucky to find one for that, secondhand or stolen maybe!

triphp123, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  5. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure he meant 1000k :) You can go for sony vaio..

kanwarjot, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  6. netty

netty Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can go for DELL Studio 15 or DELL Inspiron 1525
    Personally I would recommend Dell Inspiron....My friend is having one and it's giving great service

Regards

netty, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  7. CrystalsQuest

CrystalsQuest Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying a laptop is like buying a computer - there's no single 'best' option (unless you're one of those macintosh addicts), but you need to work out what will be needed to cover the things you'll be doing with it. For example, a graphics designer will want a totally different machine to a linux coder. What's the machine's main purpose going to be?

Second, there are 3 types of laptop, with different levels of portability, depending on how much you'll be carrying it around.

Ultraportable: tiny, lightweight, but you give up some performance. Also expect to get some eyestrain if you plan on using it long periods with that tiny screen.
    Portable: the mid-range, trades off a bit of portability for better performance, but not so much that it's too heavy to carry around.
    Desktop replacement: These are essentially full-featured laptops that are meant to stand instead of a desktop system, but they're big and heavy. Use these only if you have a car to bring it with you, don't plan on carrying it much, or if you're a weightlifter.

My suggestion would be to go into a dealership and discuss what things you'll need on your machine to make it do what you need - you can tell them you're just looking & getting pricing at this stage, so they won't expect you to buy then and there. You can check out a few and compare. If you're not comfortable with that, try a repair place and talk with the technicians. They're usually happy to share their knowledge, and would be better placed to tell you how to get the best deal for your money.

CrystalsQuest, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  8. Lavinco

Lavinco Peon

Best Answers:
    Lavinco, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  9. fireservice

fireservice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your suggestion is really good but i m from small town and here shopkeeper not have stock to show live demo. they only give us template and convene us with papers or net.

so plz suggest me a few model no. so i will chose one for me.
    i think dell inspir 1525 is good.

looking for more suggestion.

10. Lavinco

Lavinco Peon

Best Answers:
    Dells are crap in my opinion. But if you're needing a laptop for light duty stuff, the a dell is fine. Don't buy one if you plan on using it a lot though.

Lavinco, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  11. happyfei8

happyfei8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Fist you should ask yourself what you need a computer to do .work or play on-line video game then decide which you should buy .of course price also you need to to think about。

happyfei8, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  12. trebor_evets

trebor_evets Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree. I think Lenovo is great.

trebor_evets, Jan 14, 2009 IP