1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some tips for LCD monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by onlinedesign2007, Jul 18, 2008.

hi

i bought this LG L1900e LCD monitor couple of days back. I am using Windows Xp. This is my first time using LCD monitors. I am using GPU- nvidia 8800gt with lastest driver. But I kinda find the display too bright. I tried to adjust the settings but still i am not sure with the settings.Can someone send me the default settings for this monitor? I am using DVI to connect the LCD.

The interesting thing is everying colorful looks amazing on the LCD. even games play fine and movies look good too. Only problem i face is when i'm browsing on a white background or just going throught my computer (where background is white) it seems too bright. Therefore i have also been looking for dark themes for windows xp. May be a theme where the background of MY COMPUTER is darker or black instead of white.

Here is the link of my monitor: HERE

Would appreciate some replies. thanks.

onlinedesign2007, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  2. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hit the auto adjust button, see if that helps.

I've had my LCD for about 2 years now, and it's started to smear.

I'm after 2-3 monitors in the 19-24" range, or a big 32-37" single monitor. Dual setup, or just one big ass mofo setup.

Edit: My friend has the same monitor, and god it's nice! I love the touch thing where it lights up!

Sohan, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  3. onlinedesign2007

onlinedesign2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey sogan thanks for ur reply. Can u plz ask your friend which setup of brightness and contrast is best for browsing. As i have already written , everything colorful looks amazing. But i find it a bit too bright on white background. I use DVI connector. I am not sure whether LCDs are just like this. I wud be reallly grateful if you kindly let me knw the settings of ur friends. Cheers man.

onlinedesign2007, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  4. monika0611

monika0611 Banned

Best Answers:
    You have to get use to it, and everyone's eyes are different so you just have to play around, but auto-adjust like Sohan said would be the best.

monika0611, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  5. cchetanonline

cchetanonline Banned

Best Answers:
    U need to adjust the brightness and contrast of monitor according to usages
    so when u play game, make it bright and for normal surfing make it low.

i am doing this with my CRT

cchetanonline, Jul 19, 2008 IP