1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some suggestions / designs for my "save the twin towers" sites

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mopacfan, May 19, 2005.

I've been inspired by Trump's vocal support for rebuilding the twin towers because I hate the current design and I would like to see the WTC rebuilt.

I've registered www.restorethetwintowers.com and www.rebuildthewtc.com. I'm hoping to create a simple site that will include and online petition to show the Gov. of New York how stupid the freedom tower is, and how much most people in the US want the twin towers rebuilt. So if anyone would like to lend a hand and help the cause, it would be much appreciated.

mopacfan, May 19, 2005 IP
  2. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    I was in the WTC for a while. I watched um go up and come down.

Those towers were the worst thing to ever happen to downtown manhatten.

I can't support this and most locals that remember I'm sure feel the same way. I don't care if it's not PC, it's the truth.

noppid, May 19, 2005 IP
  3. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you're in the majority noppid. Of course, that's just my feeling. I think most people would like to see the WTC rebuilt. I guess we'll find out eh?

mopacfan, May 19, 2005 IP
  4. YianG

YianG Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, as an Asian, I have special attachment ot the original WTC design. A pair of big chopsticks, you know.

Seriously though, I don't understand how can two piece of giant lego blocks put sideway be considered as a "design". But I don't like the current new designs, either. They are really ugly. I rather see the old ones instead of the new ones. I do think a new design is in order... we need something as the reminder what happened. Kind of weird to build it just right back.

I wish the new design can be a bit more functional. Twin towers, one giant building, I don't care. Everyone else look like big buildings, so there is no pont the new WTC should look like a piece of sculpture.

BTW, mopacfan, your links lead me to this site:

http://www.cmswriter.com/

YianG, May 19, 2005 IP
    e10 likes this.
  5. noppid

Best Answers:
    If that was going to be the case, the decision would be made already.

Oh wait it is, there won't be new towers. But it will sure help Trumps PR rating!

noppid, May 19, 2005 IP
  6. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

A reminder of what happened ... kind of weird to just build it right back... yes, I think that kind of sums it up. Well said YianG.

e10, May 19, 2005 IP
  7. noppid

Best Answers:
    BTW, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey owns the property, not the Gov. of NY. :/

BTW, both links redirect me to a sales site. SPAM? Mistake?

noppid, May 19, 2005 IP
  8. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Those links in the first post are spam.

There's quite a good article on CNN about the two plans for the rebuilding of the twin towers. The bottom line is the guy with the $4 billion insurance payout is the one who is backing the Freedom Tower proposal so that's probably the one that gets built.

You can get a glimpse of the two proposals side by side from a link on the cnn page (it's a javascript popup, else I would have posted a direct link)

mcfox, May 20, 2005 IP
  9. YianG

YianG Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think they are spams. After I read his posts again I realzed that he just registered the domains. The sites aren't there yet.

YianG, May 20, 2005 IP
  10. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I just need to reconfigure the web server to go to the correct landing page. Too much to do and not enough time to get it done :p

mopacfan, May 20, 2005 IP