1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some ideas for my website, and advice

Discussion in 'Websites' started by FarrisFahad, Feb 1, 2016.

Hello DPs,

I need some new ideas for my website. It's a funny pictures website just like 9Gag, but with some new features. After checking other competition I found that there are no new ideas for funny pictures websites. All they do is show the picture, upload one if you want, and vote for pictures that you like.

I have created some features for users other than the ones mentioned above. For instance a user can subscribe (follow) other users and categories. Also the user can make money selling ad space along with his/her picture(s). And I created categories so users can browse according to a specific topic.

Other than that I haven't been able to think of new ideas. I can't come up with something new that will make me better than my competition. I want the website visitor to link to my website without me asking. And I found out that in the funny pictures business visitors don't link to the website, instead most of them just browse then exits.

I want you to help me come up with a great idea or ideas that will help the website.

I will give out $50.00 to the person whom idea I will use on my site, thus liking it.

Thank you in advance,
    Farris

FarrisFahad, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  2. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    FarrisFahad, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  3. tobysurf

tobysurf Active Member

Best Answers:
    do you also allow people to subscribe with their emails to get like "pic of the day" every day?

tobysurf, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  4. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, I was thinking about it but they do give me their email when they sign up, so I can send them news

FarrisFahad, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  5. 3SS

3SS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Faris,
    You can put a subscribe button (with email) in the footer for people who whant to subscribe to one or many categories.

3SS, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  6. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I was thinking of making the user be able to sell subscriptions. A user can browse 3 example pictures of a user to check if he wants to buy subscription from this user, and after he buys the subscriptions he can check all pictures. A subscription will cost %0.05 to $0.25 Dollars. What do you think?

FarrisFahad, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You know your target market better than me, but I'd expect the user to just leave the site and visit one of the many others.

sarahk, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  8. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, this is not a new feature as such because it is already on many websites, but add browsing with keyboard. That is to say I want to be able to move to the next/previous picture/page by pressing the arrow keys. You can further develop that by making it move between categories/users(something with up and down keys. Add comments as well.

Karri, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  9. tobysurf

tobysurf Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can send cpa offers to your subscriber list if you want to go a little bit off-site.

tobysurf, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  10. 3SS

3SS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, not realy understand how this will be. I like your site beucase it is group by category, other site dont have this option. I'll thing about somme ideea asap.

3SS, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  11. Brittney Hudson

Brittney Hudson Guest

Best Answers:
    How do you feel about adding the social media aspect to your site? Since people mainly use memes on FB & instagram you could add a feature on your site that would only allow people to use/download/share your photos if they share it via facebook. Here is an example to give you a general idea of the concept.
    social.jpg

Brittney Hudson, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  12. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    9gag sucks. It's really horrible. How about a site that does not suck and offers quality stuff? You know those demotivational posters or FAIL posters, how about you offer a little contest to your visitors to produce the funniest one with a weekly contest or something? Like an amateur online graphic comedian contest or something. I love those demotivational posters and a lot of other people do, too. I would like to have a site like that if I had the time or ability to do it. But I would be far too worried about copyright issues and struggling to find pictures to legally use to do it. But you would get people involved and each one would send a link to their friends to see their work, etc., so you could get traffic.

billzo, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  13. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your website looks good and elegant to me. I suggest you to do something instead of following other sites.

iwebsocial, Feb 6, 2016 IP