1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some ideas for coming up with a cause related marketing.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by wheelstb, Mar 18, 2013.

Hi all

I recently started volunteering in the marketing department of a not-for-profit organization that is part of two local hospitals. The organization helps to raise funds and awareness for the organizations and also to educate the community. Were looking to do some cause related marketing. we would like to work with a for-profit organization.

Any suggestions as to how we should go about doing this would be greatly appreciated
    wheelstb, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  2. Martin Tseng

Martin Tseng Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi wheelstb,

Here is a link that may get you started:

http://nonprofit.about.com/od/causerelatedmarketing/a/Five-Best-Cause-Marketing-Programs-For-Local-Nonprofits.htm

However, if you want more help, you will have to give us a little bit more details!
    For example, your non-profit organization wants to raise funds to help which kind of people? little kids, the elderly? or literally help funding the local hospitals?

Also, what type of business partner are we talking about here? Coffee shop? Supermarket?

Give us the details and I'm sure we can brainstorm some great ideas!
    Martin Tseng, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  3. wheelstb

wheelstb Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, now that you mention it I realized my first post was lacking in the proper specifics. Here are more details.
    It is a not for profit organization that is part of two local hospitals in the area. Basically there are several hospitals operating under this name throughout the state. This organization raises money to help two of these hospitals. In addition to raising money it also does community education and awareness programs.

In short, the organization that raises money for these two local branches of this hospital and also helps with community awareness and education programs.

The foundation is very new and not quite established in the community or even among those who work at the hospitals.
    wheelstb, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  4. ironoutthegrind

ironoutthegrind Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, so your looking for ways to market?

If so, what about social media. Sites like Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, etc...

The best advertising is word of mouth. Get people talking about it. Social Media is a great platform for this.

Hope this helps, :)

Kevin
    ironoutthegrind, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  5. wheelstb

wheelstb Member

Best Answers:
    That is a good idea. We are going to incorporate social media into our marketing strategy. One of the pieces we really wanted to focus on was cause related marketing. That is the piece of the strategy I am focusing on developing at the moment.
    wheelstb, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  6. wheelstb

wheelstb Member

Best Answers:
    Like I mentioned above, we are a foundation that is working as part of two local hospitals. Our foundation raises money to fund different hospital treatment programs. We also put on different activities throughout the community.

We would like to do some cause marketing or partner with large local for-profit organizations.

Does anyone have any idea suggestions about how to do cause marketing?
    Or
    Does anyone have any suggestions about how to approach local organizations to get them to help support our organization.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
    wheelstb, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  7. Stephan_Iscoe

Stephan_Iscoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stephan_Iscoe, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  8. Clare12345

Clare12345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Also you can advertise with print media in and around the hospital. Posters with information, or even a blurb or article in the hospital or community newsletter is a great way to start letting people know about what you do. In addition, you could hold fundraising or awareness events, and give out items with your organization's name on it, like pens or hats.
    Clare12345, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  9. Stephan_Iscoe

Stephan_Iscoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Cause" marketing isn't about advertising and self-promotion, it's about building solid, mutually beneficial relationships with the community of needs, service providers, and supporters.
    Stephan_Iscoe, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  10. wheelstb

wheelstb Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just to volunteer. But I think there are events and the work designed to raise awareness of the foundation. It seems like my supervisor. According to my supervisor the events for this year have already been planned.The pens and the hats are great idea I will pass that along.
    wheelstb, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  11. wheelstb

wheelstb Member

Best Answers:

I completely agree with you and perhaps my post was originally incorrect. What I really want to do is figure out how to raise awareness of our organization and the best way to foster partnerships with other organizations. Like you said this is what the core of cause marketing is about. I need advice on how to accomplish this.
    wheelstb, Apr 14, 2013 IP
    Stephan_Iscoe likes this.