1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need some help regarding live video streaming

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by kevydesigns, Jan 12, 2015.

Hi,

I am creating a website where the viewers can have a live video streaming with another person.
    Can anyone give me more information on how would I do this?

I have already done some research, and looking to use the adobe p2p technology to save some of our bandwidth. We host with bluehost, but not sure if their servers can support such thing.

Any ideas on how I can get a video script implemented on our site and what kind of software to install?

Thanks

kevydesigns, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  2. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    I’ve never ever used any video chat script on my any personal site, but after searching on Google for such kind of thing two sites grabbed my attention specifically liveadvizor [dot] com and 123flashchat [dot] com. In addition, if you are using Softaculous then check “Dolphin” script as well it allows users to engage via video chat.

For hosting part I think you better discuss your planning with Bluehost support, as they will clearly tell you whether their servers support such kind of thing or not. Most probably Bluehost will recommend you to upgrade to VPS if you are on a shared server.

paullopez, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  3. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A vps? You're going to need multiple dedicated servers with 1 gig if not 10 gig ports as well as CDN to reduce the latency of the streamer and the end user.
    All in all you're probably going to need quite a big budget.

lukey372, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That entirely depends on how the stream is connected. Does it go via the server (why?) or does it just go directly p2p (much better) - using the server just as a negotiating ground for contacts lists and such. (Granted, I've not tried to run live-streaming).
    I would suggest looking into different ways to provide the video, however - more and more browsers disable use of Flash, which might or might not be a consideration.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  5. Outlawz

Outlawz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My suggestion is to host your site from PC or VPS. After that VLC player is good for online streaming. Make a playlist or the video you want to show add it in playlist or give a path to the videos. Every video have a unique code and go to online streaming. With any player you put the code given from vlc.
    Try search vlc online streaming. This article is useful check your pm

Outlawz, Jan 15, 2015 IP