1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some advise and input on Amazons AWS elastic hosting

Discussion in 'Cluster Computing' started by CircleOfLinks, Jan 29, 2014.

Hi Guys,

Im hoping someone can help me out with some good advise and pointers.

My current VPS was very very slow today due to one of my domains have alot of traffic to it.

In this domain I have all my eBay clients in it and some are advertising on eBay's home page which caused issues.

My question is if I move this entire domain to Amazon AWS would that help and also would it be possible to have cPanel setup on Amazon AWS.

I've never worked with Amazons server but kept reading that its reliable and suitable for large traffic as it upscales etc

If someone can help me out i'd really appreciate

thanks

Dan

CircleOfLinks, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  2. aGig

aGig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd avoid running cPanel on Amazon.

If you need cPanel, and the ability to upscale quickly I'd look at SoftLayer.

Mark

aGig, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  3. CircleOfLinks

CircleOfLinks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply.

The only problem is one of my domains is already been built with MySQL and the way it works is very delicate (told by software developer) and needs to have the EXACT same settings. The only thing that can change is ns records and ip - its been custom built to authenticate users accessing another domain by 3 different sets of user tokens, server id and username/passwords.

Im worried that moving it to Amazon things wont work and its a big mess if they do which is why im trying to keep it exactly the same.

The software developer is not contactable any more.

Regards

Dan

CircleOfLinks, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  4. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon may be more expensive in the long run then upgrading to a full dedicated server or split up your front and back-ends on different VPS's. What does your current VPS load look like?

MikeLugar, Feb 5, 2014 IP