1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by MrJohn, Dec 1, 2010.

My online store will be selling content creation. I was just wondering if I should go with a cart that only offers paypal if there is one? Can I do this successfully with a regular cart? Which ones do you suggest?

Thanks John

MrJohn, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  2. steers82

steers82 Peon

Best Answers:
    it depends on how you want your pages/products listed. Why not just have individual pages for each product and have a pay now button that takes you straight to paypal?

steers82, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  3. MrJohn

MrJohn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I want to keep track of which product is being purchased and by whom. Not sure if I could do all that with a simple pay now button.

MrJohn, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on how professionally you feel you should present yourself. At a glance wordpress with e-commerce plugged in is clearly the way to go. This will afford you the opportunity to use wordpress as a cms and have a nice front end(looks like a website) and use wordpress to fully manage the site and the shopping end of things.

Your payment notions are a non issue really. You can tell any e-commerce app to use Paypal only for instance.

Here are some links to let you do it in under an hour....

http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress its easy to re-factor those for your bus. and they come with totally tricked out wp admin panels to manage everything.

http://www.instinct.co.nz/e-commerce/ takes less than a minute to install and about 10 minutes to configure. You simply have to move some design bits to the cart plugin and you will have a tightly integrated website/e-commerce solution to do whatever you could possibly need to do.

Even if you have absolutely no idea how to implement what I posted, cost to completion can be under 100 dollars. On DP at least :rolleyes:

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
    Nigel Lew, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  5. Cobalt64

Cobalt64 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sound advice from Nigel - A Wordpress site with the eCommerce plugin will be more than adequate, and is probably the quickest and easiest solution available to you if you're wanting a more professional presentation of your services.

It's certainly not difficult to create the necessary Buy Now buttons and use form input to capture the order details, though that's going to require a bit more work and as somebody mentioned can look a little on the clunky side unless you're a design/developer with the talents to tie everything together and make it stand out a bit more from the crowd.

Best of luck with your venture.

John

Cobalt64, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  6. faheem791

faheem791 Peon

Best Answers:
    make your own web and creates the links that show the features of the products and its price

faheem791, Dec 5, 2010 IP