1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some advice on PPC advertising

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by coxmg, Jan 21, 2011.

Hi all, here is what my site is, I have a new ecommerce site that sells home products like vacuums, cookware, blenders that sort of thing. Do you think that Google Adwords would be a good way to advertise my site? My two key questions are:

How much would it cost per click through for certain types of keywords like the ones mentioned above?

What would my conversion rate be for the clickthroughs? I have heard the average is about 2%. The costs of my products can range from between $9 and $900 but the average is about $50.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    coxmg, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  2. maxpain2050

maxpain2050 Peon

Best Answers:
    How to find out the best keyword?? which type keyword is actully work better??/

maxpain2050, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  3. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think this sort of site would do very well using PPC. Provided you don't bid on generic keywords like "vacuum".

As to how much it would cost, no telling. The keyword itself is a factor and the competition and how much they are willing to spend. A $800 vacuum will be higher than a $50 blender.

Conversion rate depends mostly on your landing page, how well it closes the sale. The average is indeed around 2%, probably a less actually, but good pages along with proper keywords and a good ad can increase that many-fold. I have clients with 7-10% conversion rates, some even higher on some products.

In my experience, definitely worth to invest in PPC for such a site. But learn first before jumping in.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jan 21, 2011 IP
    SEO-WATCH likes this.
  4. lindyb52

lindyb52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, try Micrsoft AdCenter, PPC....since they merged with Yahoo, they get a whole lot more traffic!
    And your ads will last a lot longer, plus your investment won't be wiped out as fast!

lindyb52, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  5. faysal9

faysal9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are some people who manage to bring 0.01 dollar each visit, for any kind of niche.
    you have to research

faysal9, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  6. SEO-WATCH

SEO-WATCH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your using vacuums, cookware, blenders as keywords prices would be rocket high and conversions very low. Try to use longer keywords and more targeted example "Hoover Vacuum Cleaner" you could divide the keywords by brand and setup different ads for every brand to increase click rate and sales.

Lucid Web Marketing
    also gave good comments.

SEO-WATCH, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  7. nuclearseo

nuclearseo Peon

Best Answers:
    definitely agree with SEO-WATCH, dividing the keywords makes it much easier..

nuclearseo, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  8. coxmg

coxmg Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot SEO WATCH. I did I small test yesterday, with 15 cents max bid on "vacuum" and of course was not able to win any displays. One thing this proves is that the tool that is on Adwords is completely inaccurate for certain keywords. Also, unfortunately for my site, I only got a 3 quality score, I'm assuming because my site isn't fully built yet, its more of a Beta site.

coxmg, Jan 24, 2011 IP
    SEO-WATCH likes this.
  9. SEO-WATCH

SEO-WATCH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically you will pay $1.00 USD until $2.00 USD per visitor but this depends again on your quality score.

You can improve this and save money by optimizing your ads and landing pages. If you need professional advice for AdWords let me know I can guide you through it.

SEO-WATCH, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  10. coxmg

coxmg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys if anyone online has used any of the other sites, which one had the biggest conversion rates versus PPC rates? I know you can also PPC at the MSFT site, Facebook, shopping.com, bizrate? The last two of course are shopping comparison sites. Of course the type of product will make a difference also.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    coxmg, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  11. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Suggest you check out the adwords guru Perry Marshall's site: http://www.perrymarshall.com/
    You can start with his free report then maybe pay for more useful info.
    Picking generic keywords is a waste of money - and probably won't bring you sales.
    You need to do keyword research and target longer buying keywords - and exclude people searching with words such as 'free'

Even with PPC you can trade time for $
    $50 probably isn't going to get you a sale if you want to do it quickly - but could if you take your time and drip feed traffic more slowly.
    For example you can offer say 20 cents for a $1 keyword. This will only get you a little bit of the available traffic taking longer to get a sale.
    But it's great for testing and if your target lots of such keywords, you can still get a reasonable flow of traffic.
    Whatever you decide to do, don't forget to continuously split test

seafrontsteve, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  12. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it really depends on your compititors that how much are they bidding.

no69_2007, Jan 26, 2011 IP