1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Some Advice On my site...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by writer1972, May 13, 2014.

Hi Fellow DPer's,
    I have just started to rebuild my site completely, and want to provide only quality content to my subscribers. My site is about finding work, and making money online through many different techniques, as well as marketing, traffic, and anything related to help people just starting out, or even for people that already have a site, and trying to make it grow. I want to make a page on my site that offers different job postings, but I am stuck!
    The problem is the following issues: I do not want people posting jobs that aren't going to pay out, or pay too little for the job at hand, and I don't want people applying for the job if they aren't qualified. My main issue is the people posting the job, paying out for the work that is done, and paying what it's actually worth. However, I want to provide this option to my subscribers, and for people that are looking for people to work for them. I put a lot of effort into researching any content I send out, or put on my site, but would like his to be an option for people to come to on a regular basis, and see different job postings without doing work, and either not getting paid, or not getting paid what the job description entails. I also don;t want someone posting a job and hiring someone for the job, and have to pay upfront for work that isn't done. I am trying to go about this very carefully, and come up with a solution to this, but I am stuck. Any suggestions?

writer1972, May 13, 2014 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I hear you and do comprehend your legitimate concerns. I believe you are going to have to let go a bit and allow things to mature on their own. Monitor it all but don't attempt to exercise too much control. Who knows perhaps it will all evolve into something that you might like.
    I guess what I'm advocating is allowing some freedom even if it won't be always palatable to you. Good luck with all and I hope it works out in the end.

Spoiltdiva, May 13, 2014 IP
    writer1972 likes this.
  3. EricJo

EricJo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    One of the best ways to approach this is to look at how the 'big boys' do it. I'm talking about oDesk, eLance, and the rest.

Sign up and actually use their system from both ends (client and contractor). You will start noticing things that work and things that don't. Obviously, these sites have big budgets and have implemented systems that might be difficult for you to even emulate. BUT, it is a great place to start and will ensure your own site runs as smoothly as possible.

Remember, a new site is always going to have its ups and downs regardless. Keep a close eye on the postings and see where it takes you. These initial few months set the tone for the rest of time when it comes to such sites.

EricJo, May 13, 2014 IP
  4. writer1972

writer1972 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually have done my research on such sites, and I've heard a lot of bad things about oDesk, such as what I've stated above like people not getting paid., or someone hire somebody and then the work doesn't get done.Things like that are what I'm trying to avoid.

writer1972, May 13, 2014 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Quality of both buyer and seller is what you are concerned about and rightfully so. Unless you plan to investigate each and every member of the site (in-depth, of course) it will be very difficult for you to judge and enforce quality. The only solution that I have seen for this issue is a public buyer/seller rating system. eBay was one of the first pioneers in that regard and many other such buy/sell enabling websites soon followed suit. Note, however, that all of these websites loudly proclaim that they are completely unable to verify anything about any transacter other than their public ratings. It is important that you protect yourself while trying to help your membership.

jrbiz, May 14, 2014 IP
    writer1972 likes this.
  6. writer1972

writer1972 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is a really good idea jrbiz! Thank you all for your suggestions and input! If you all have any more, please feel free to share on here or PM me. I know I am going to have to let it go somewhat, and let people do what they do, but the rating system is a really good idea, and simple. I have decided I am going to really think on it for now, that way it will be close enough to perfection in the way I want to do it, when I do decide to implement that. For now, I am probably going to keep things the way they are, and help my subscribers to find different ways to make money, and possibly from time to time, lead them to some sites as such that have a good reputation, as well as teaching different marketing techniques, for people not looking for a job, or ways to make money, but want to take their business to the next level to make more money..etc...etc...etc..
    Again, if any of you all have any more suggestion for me to think on for when I do implement this, my ears are open!

writer1972, May 15, 2014 IP