1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some advice about Blogging

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by webseo, Jan 17, 2019.

Hi all
    I am not sure if infact this is the right forum for this question but I have a request and I need some advice on how I might set this up.
    SEMrush
    Basically what I want is the ability for any registered Wordpress user to be able to add a paragraph or 2 to a blog post. In other words, I want something like Wiki where users can login to the site and add a paragrpah or longer to an existing post. Obviously I would want what they add held in moderation until I can actually view and approve it, but do you get the idea?

The closest I have come to it is like a Wiki, where someone can edit an existing post.

I would appreciate anybodies advice on this

Steve

webseo, Jan 17, 2019 IP
    SEMrush
  2. infogle

infogle Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ya you can create a wiki like website on wordpress - where it will serve the same purpose as you mentioned.

infogle, Jan 17, 2019 IP
  3. jamoyblake123

jamoyblake123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really have no idea about this post but I am interested to know more. please share additional information about this topic.

jamoyblake123, Jan 17, 2019 IP
  4. chinemeremz

chinemeremz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what you are saying its more like you need a user generated content site using the Wordpress CMS. Well Wordpress has tons of plugins and you can easily create a wiki via the many plugins on the Wordpress repository. However, you must check for compatibility and updates, because most of these plugins are left unattended to by their creators making them deprecated and could become a security threat to your wordpress installation, trust me when I say this because I've been there before. Again, with the roll-out of the "GUTENBERG" Editor, almost every plugin that is not GUTENBERG compliant would at best be seen as obsolete. I think the USERPRESS Wiki plugin is a good one for example. So conduct your search and I wager you'll be treated to a potpourri of excellent and free plugins to get you started. Goodluck!

chinemeremz, Jan 18, 2019 IP
  5. webseo

webseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thankyou to everyone who sent me an answer. Very much appreciated, I will check out what you have suggested.

webseo, Feb 4, 2019 IP