1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Server recommendations for Xfilesharingpro Site

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Lancelott11, Apr 12, 2012.

I have a site that runs with xfilesharingpro. I already have several severs implemented however downloads are slow on some averaging around 80kbs.

I'm still wondering while buying a server what are the specs that are most important in a file download site?

For example, CPU, RAM, Port speed

I have around 6 servers and they currently have a Quad core, 4GB RAM, 1Gbps Port

Is there something else i need?

Note: My site averages around 150k visitors and 80k downloads p/day

Lancelott11, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really the only thing that is going to affect the speed is the port speed, and the hard drive i/o. Do you have a RAID10 setup, RAID1? You need to find the bottleneck. How much of that 1gbps port are you actually using? If you aren't saturating the port when things are slowing down, then you need to look somewhere else, i.e. the drives.

WSWD, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  3. Lancelott11

Lancelott11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have a RAID 5, the I/O is low for each process usually accumulating to around 10% so probably CPU isnt a factor. Though i was wondering if it was worthwhile to buy a 10gbps server

Lancelott11, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  4. dlinchevskiy

dlinchevskiy Active Member

Best Answers:
    HDD (min SATA II) and RAM affect on Performance for such type of sites.

dlinchevskiy, Apr 23, 2012 IP