1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug Need serious help - Delete /Edit my thread please

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ClarkLindsay, Feb 12, 2012.

Hi

I am in the forum for 1 year , and last week , I made a thread on the "Partnerships" Section ,

The thread was seeking investment for my business /website , and unfortunately , I have made my website URL in that thread also , but i got an investor for my business is now fine , all is going well, but when searhcing my website through search engine or when people see that my website needs investment , some approach me , and some take it like my website is sscamming or so .Not a good sign.

I did know how to edit the thread , but when i Click " BUMP or EDIT " under my thread finish , it shows me i am not allowed to BUMP ,but i just want to edit , even when i click that "EDIT" it still shows me i am not allowed to BUMP , Well , i don't want to bump , just need to :

Either Edit the thread to "Done " and inside thread also " Done...thanks..or something"

OR

Better , the admin /Moderator can just delete the thread :)

It is a great help to me.

It's affecting my website's fame ,

Please understand , and i hope some one (mod or admin) is going to help me here :

And the thread link is :

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2390264

Thank you

ClarkLindsay, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Requests such as this belong in a PM; however, unless thread violates our posting guidelines we do not delete them, nor do we edit them. Remember never to post anything you do not want remaining in cyberspace a long time.

Smyrl, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  3. ClarkLindsay

ClarkLindsay Peon

Best Answers:
    Come on , I thought DP is more professional , It's just a small request by an user which is not going to affect the forum in "Anyway" .Please consider this .

Thank you

ClarkLindsay, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  4. SeniorWarden6407

SeniorWarden6407 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I took a look at your DP advertisement - your use of the English language is pretty poor, if you're serious about this particular venture, you would be advised to hire someone who is a good copywriter and proof reader who could make your site work for you. I mean no offence, just want to help out as I'm all for private enterprise. I would offer my services as a copywriter/proof reader, but I'm taking early retirement in April (two dayes early LOL), as I've had enough of working in the last 52 years, and wish to spend more time with my wife and pursue activities I'm having to neglect because my job gets in the way.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    SeniorWarden6407, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  5. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    It has nothing to do with being professional or not professional. We are lucky to get to all the reported posts with real spam in them on a daily basis as is. If we took additional requests from all users who wanted old threads deleted (which is really a bad practice anyway), we would spend most of our day doing that instead of getting to the more serious issues. Just let the thread float to the back, you probably won't see much of a response from old threads anyway. :)

As Smyrl made note, before posting, make sure that you don't mind if the thread remains on cyberspace forever. It's the age old argument that you should never place anything online that you do not want others to be able to see. Good luck! :)

PHPGator, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Often when someone wants a innocuous thread removed you need to look for a reason. In this case the name associates the scam and the frequent flyer scammer... Arjjun Tilak. See http://arjjuntilak.com/?cat=1

Needed the name removed for that reason, plus if the name is gone he can sell the same lollypop to multiple people. The search for one silent investor here looks like the same search elsewhere, which was opened the date he asked for the name to be deleted here. See http://www.investmentnetwork.in/bus...om-the-future-of-social-networking-2012-02-12

Watch threads seeking an investor. Its a red flag if a relatively small investment, all of which will of course be at little risk, will be returned quickly, after which youll reap longterm benefits in huge quantity. If it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is. Dont fall for it. .02

robjones, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  7. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But there is no site on this so claimed social network by you.
    It's just parked. You should have thought about this before posting a thread with the domain name of your site.
    But you still have a chance to remove it using BUMP/EDIT.
    Why posting this type of thread naming "bug" and wasting Moderators time?
    They have other works on this large forum.

pupul, Sep 29, 2012 IP