1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Sample of IDX/MLS Listing

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ms.g, Feb 24, 2010.

I don't know where to place this thread. I apologize to moderators if I placed this thread on a wrong forum.

Here's the thing. I coded this Wordpress Premium theme that I called DBPress. I envisioned it to be a theme that would allow webmasters to create an information database out of Wordpress. I haven't marketed it yet, although the theme framework is now ready for sale.

I few weeks back, I got this PM from a fellow DP asking me to create a solution to integrate Wordpress with IDX/MLS without iframes. I told him that I'd get back to him. I would just assess if it's doable. What I ended up with is something that excites me: integrate MLS into Wordpress database. It turns out however that what I did wasn't what he needed. He simply needs a seemless iframe integration.

Anyway, back to case in point, the IDX/Wordpress child theme I created works with my DBPress. All the imported MLS data can now be accessed via Wordpress' database and could thus use all the functions of my DBPress theme. Sounds neat, huh?

I used the sample contents from RETS, the one in csv file, to test with. I was successful. My only problem is this: I need samples of idx/mls listing file from a couple of mls providers. I know that I'm not allowed to touch those files, with me not a member or licensed to have a copy of those at all. I just need to see the structure of the file, the headers of the csv and what would be the workaround to sort of standardized the structure of mls content from State to State. I read that this is the problem that real estate webmasters currently face with. I just want to see if I could find a solution to this.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Five or eight mls search results would do.

Thanks!

ms.g, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  2. cheapidx

cheapidx Peon

Best Answers:
    DBPress...call me 253-444-5770 steph bradshaw regarding your idx feed

cheapidx, Jul 2, 2010 IP