1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Registration form like Twitter.com

Discussion in 'jQuery' started by rabi_nawaz, Oct 15, 2013.

I want to create a twitter like user registration form for my asp.net(C#) web application. I have configured asp.net membership module for my site. I have searched alot but couldn't find any all in one JQuery Plugin which provide the following functionalities to my webform

1. Form Field highlight when onFocus and on error
    2. Tooltip when form field is in focus
    3. Proper client-side form validation
    4. Check user name availability
    5. Check email re-registration
    6. Calculate Password strength
    7. Nice feedback when form is submitted

Can anyone know any all in one plugin wich I can add to my asp.net(C#) registration forms to make my forms live? I'm extremely new to jquery and it my first ever jquery project.

rabi_nawaz, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I dunno about a ready-made script, but the functionality you're asking for isn't that hard to accomplish using ready-made jQuery plugins (several of them) - you'll probably have to build some parts yourself, for instance the check for username (which is basically an ajax-call on blur, for instance), but form validation is already part of several jQuery plugins, so is form highlight and error-display, and tooltips.
    I suggest you use this project to learn a few jQuery plugins, and use the building of this form as a step-by-step tutorial. Concentrate on one item on the list at the time, and don't worry too much if adding another functionality breaks something else - jQuery often needs to be done "in sync" so that all items correspond accordingly, but creating one item at the time will teach you a lot.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 15, 2013 IP