1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need opinions on my new gaming website.

Discussion in 'Websites' started by JoeShmoe90, Jan 4, 2014.

I recently released a new website http://www.gamelyte.com and I am looking for any feedback I can get. You can leave feedback by clicking the "leave feedback" button at the top of each page or here on the forums.

This is just a PREVIEW version, so we are taking all feedback and suggestions into consideration for our BETA version.

JoeShmoe90, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  2. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I like how simple and clean it is, I like the simple logo and how fast it loads. I will say when you are ready to monetize it, you have not left your self any good locations for ads on the main page, though on the article pages you have proper space in the sidebar.

ufshane, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  3. JoeShmoe90

JoeShmoe90 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank You! I was worrying about finding space on the home page for ads. I'm thinking about redesigning it to make it a little longer.

4. Julien@Hostabulous

Julien@Hostabulous Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Looks great, fast, but I would also change the bottom menu color. And maybe change the font. Good start!

Julien@Hostabulous, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  5. JoeShmoe90

JoeShmoe90 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much! The footer color has been bothering me. What color would you recommend changing it to?

6. Julien@Hostabulous

Julien@Hostabulous Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Something a little darker, or maybe even all black to match top logo.

Julien@Hostabulous, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  7. JoeShmoe90

JoeShmoe90 Guest

Best Answers:
    That would make sense. Thank you!

8. JoeShmoe90

JoeShmoe90 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I just finished the entire backend on my local machine and Im planning on redesigning the entire front end

JoeShmoe90, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  9. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey there. The site looks good but I would consider changing the logo - something about it just doesn't look right. Consider removing the default text in the search box (it's unnecessary). Consider changing the color scheme of your top navigation bar (the gray one) because the white over the light gray looks too invisible. For the slider, I would change the dark blue to something a little less solid/harsh (I can't really recommend a specific color, it just looks like this one came from paint). The rest of the slider looks really good, though. The social box is cool but I would remove that donate button if you're keeping the one at the top, don't be too forceful with asking for donations. Change the font for 'new articles' to something more modern. The popular videos look good, just change the blue. Same feedback for the footer as for the top navbar.

I hope some of this is helpful to you! Keep up the great work with your site!

If you have some time, please review my site:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/review-my-im-and-seo-blog.2703738/

PhiladelphiaIM, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  10. JoeShmoe90

JoeShmoe90 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your feedback. A lot of people have being telling me to change the colors. I plan on starting the front end from scratch and maybe do a responsive design like your website(Which looks great by the way. Is it actually live?). I was also thinking of doing a logo redesign to make it little more professional looking like yours. Maybe add some color/dropshadows and change the font(I don't have much experience with logo design).

JoeShmoe90, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  11. ethanleif

ethanleif Member

Best Answers:
    Hi here's my review:

Logo-it's ok but this can be improved. You can add another color, like red perhaps to make it stand out. It would also help if there's a tagline or slogan for branding. This should describe what the site is all about other than it's a game site.
    Flow of the site- there are too many things on the landing page that I dont know where to go first. The big video is the first thing that I see but don't know what the site wants me to do.
    The font is too big- for me at least.
    The background is plain white- it would be better if it's black so the photos and videos would stand out.

ethanleif, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  12. Ryan krinock

Ryan krinock Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks good

Ryan krinock, Mar 22, 2014 IP