1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need old imagelinks to work, help with htaccess for imagehost

Discussion in 'Apache' started by Reikla, Mar 23, 2014.

Hi.

I am currently running CF Image Hosting script 1.65 and going to change script to Chevereto soon. I have about ~500 images and ofcourse I want the old imagelinks to work even after the script change.

This is what my structure looks like:
    Script installed in root dir
    Images is stored in /upload/images/ (filenames like this xxxx.jpg/gif/etc)
    Links looks like this: mywebsite.tld/image.php?di=SGG6

When I install the new script, all existing images currently hosted will still be stored in /upload/images/, but all new images will be stored in /i/ instead and the links wont look the same. New images will also be named differently.

What should I do with htaccess to make the old links work?

Thanks

Reikla, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just adjust the new script to work with the old file-paths?

PoPSiCLe, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  3. Reikla

Reikla Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have the knowledge. There's a guide on Cheveretos client forum but I can't get it to work and unfortunately I don't get any help there. In my mind, it seems like an easy thing to do, but as I said I can't do it myself. If someone knows how to change the htaccess for this to work I would even be prepared to pay. Anything just to get it done.

Reikla, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Second question - is this script just listing directory content, or is it tied to a database somehow? If it's just listing directory content, you might be able to just rename the old image-folder to /i/ and go from there.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 13, 2014 IP