1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need New Hosting Fast!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by nfzgrld, Mar 6, 2005.

I'm just about done with my hosting company. Currently when trying to go to any of my sites I get the cPanel "There is no website configured at this address" page. If I try to go to a specific page I get a 404. That's for ALL of my sites! I can get email, and I can FTP in, but no web. Fat lot of good that does! This kind of thing seems to be a monthly occurance with this host so I think it's time to move on.

The thing is here's what I get for $15 a month:

Host up to 50 domains.
    Unlimited subdomains.
    1 gig of disk space.
    Up to 50 Mysql databases.
    Unlimited email accounts.
    PHP, Perl, etc., all the stuff you would expect.

That's a heck of a deal, but if the thing is down as often as it seems to be it's really not even worth that much. Anyone know of a comperable deal out there with a more reliable host?

nfzgrld, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  2. kewler

kewler Peon

Best Answers:
    My recommendation: get a managed $99 celeron server with 512Meg/1Gig at servermatrix and forget those shared-hosting stuff... it's always to much mess with those low-cost hostings...

kewler, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  3. kewler

kewler Peon

Best Answers:
    (or maybe go for a dual-xeon / 2 gig if you really want to host 50 db-driven sites :)

kewler, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  4. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Had a similar problem. Just signup for a reseller account at http://varhosting.net . They seem amazing. There techincal support is fabulous. LOL. There transfering my sites from my old host to them for free right now. Sign up as a powerseller as the server seems much faster. Just an idea. $10 with a 60 day miney back guaruntee. and I'm sure they can be worse then my old host. If you want say I reffered you (bluebay or kyle schumacher) not sure If i get anything. :)

mizt, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  5. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    kerler, I'd love to do that, and if I could afford $99 a month I'd have already done so. In addition, I just discovered another interesting thing. If you go to any of my forums:

http://forums.mari-len.com
    http://wmbbs.archangelmgt.com
    http://bbs.axelis.com

You'll notice they now point to a UK hosting company. I don't know what's going on over there, but I think that about does it for me. The going down is one thing, but it always seems to take hours, or even days to get things fixed, and now this redicection crap. Interesting how it always seems to happen a day or two AFTER they collect the money for the month.

nfzgrld, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  6. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right! I can get more disk space, well, more of everything there for less money. Do you have to be a reseller though?

nfzgrld, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  7. Zinho

Zinho Peon

Best Answers:
    15$ for that is quite expensive...
    There are a lot of hosting plans for less than the half offering multiple subdomains and support for every scripting and database...
    with setup free too...
    You should give a look at virtual hosting too...

Zinho, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  8. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm quickly finding that out. When I signed up with this company it was a great deal. Now I'm finding out it's not that great. Not to mention the idiotic management. I'll tell you, I used to manage a DC. If I had as much downtime as these guys have I'd have been fired. It wasn't an internet DC, but still, several hours to two or three days of downtime every month? That's not going to fly anywhere.

nfzgrld, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  9. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    With the reseller stuff you can have unlimited sites, domains and everything else. Hell anyone want to buy web space from me ;)

mizt, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  10. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    That's fine, but I signed up several hours ago and still haven't recieved any of my account info. It says "instant activation." I wonder if they think several hours means instant. When I went to the support chat thing they told me to send an email to the sales department. I don't know what they're going to do about it, but if they don't get this fixed soon I'm going elsewhere.

nfzgrld, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  11. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I got the new host and everything is installed and working. I'm not sure if it was related, but before the fiasco yesterday I had about 250 pages in G, which was about 50 less than before the last crawl. Today I've lost about another 100. God, I hate that!

nfzgrld, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  12. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do you like them?, my sites to be running at better speed now.

mizt, Mar 7, 2005 IP