1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need marketing advice/help for a hard niche

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by araz, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    Testimonial and peer review type materials are also going to be your best friend.

Your target audience is really going to appreciate hearing from a peer that your product works. I can see that being the key that really manages to turn the lock.

Solid Commerce, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  2. alodie

alodie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Araz,

I agree with both Matt_62 and Moneykrap.

They both have provided you with detailed responses
    on the subject, which are filled with substantive
    information that you could apply to get you going in
    the right direction.

As Matt has indicated: "If your business is local that
    would be a good way to contact your Chamber of
    Commerce and ask them to add your business inside
    their public listings."

I completely agree. That will be an excellent place at
    which to begin you campaign for relevant information
    regarding your target audience.

Of course, that is if you will be focusing on the local
    areas.

You can do it, Araz. It just takes a little more of time
    to get the ground floor plan organized firmly. Then you
    will be off and running a very, very successful business.

The very best of success to you.

Alodie

alodie, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  3. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to disagree with some of what I've read and here's why. When you are selling a product that is specifically for older adults or for adults with disabilities, the first thing that you do is to know your market and your target and I don't believe that you do know it sufficiently.

Go to a good market research company or do some leg work and you will find that "46 percent of senior citizen Internet users access Facebook and other social networks" Sixty something type groups. Seek them out and join them. Likewise you'll find multiple senior networks and websites out there on which you could post. I've found six just googling it. "AARP says the top four online activities for people over 60 are Google, Facebook, Yahoo and YouTube."

Look not only at what social networks they are using but HOW they are using them. The gathering places on those social networks. Many don't post directly to the home pages or the status areas, but they do join groups of like people within social media sites to which they post and in which they interact. The cardinal rules in marketing-- know your audience and fish where the fish are. I don't believe that you've done either. Good solid research even if it takes a few days and a couple people to help will allow you to market in the right places and using the right tactics and I believe will significantly increase your chances of success..

ladymacbeth9, Jul 22, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. gmir

gmir Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can try to address not elder people, but their children. From my experience active buyers not users itself, but those who helping/taking care of them.

gmir, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  5. ChristyMathew

ChristyMathew Member

Best Answers:
    hello there! did you use google tools such as google ad words, google keyword planner?
    If not, then i prefer you to use the tools.

ChristyMathew, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  6. Ankit Meswani

Ankit Meswani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I believe Word of Mouth marketing / advertising will help you a lot. Run a referral /loyalty program and I am sure this will help you a lot. If you have a budget then stop spending on PPC , Adwords etc and let me know in case you are interested to know more. send me your companies details on

Ankit Meswani, Sep 5, 2014 IP
  7. Anthony Capetola

Anthony Capetola Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is a combination Google Shopping/Text Ads concentration in my opinion. Facebook probably won't drive the traffic you need. Twitter will also probably not produce the results you want. Since it is an eCommerce store and you can create a data feed in Merchant Center then this is a perfect time to get involved in Google Shopping.

Anthony Capetola, Sep 8, 2014 IP