1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need internet marketing advice

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ac4g63, Mar 3, 2005.

Hello everyone. I have been browsing the forums for quite some time but never registered. I was given a little marekting project and I was hoping some of the more experienced people on here could offer a few opinions. I have this website:
    http://www.patriot-products-inc.com

And my goal is to track visitors. I'd like to track how people got to the site. Currently we have an eBay store front and we're also using google adwords and a banner exchange program. We'd like to see where the majority of visitors are coming from so we know what type of advertising to put more money into or at least see whats working and whats not. Also what other options for internet marketing are out there that might work? We'd like to get possibly other Home and Garden sites to advertise us or just get visitors from those types of sites. Is it feasible to pay one of those type of sites to advertise us and send us traffic maybe on a pay per click through or comission basis? Thanks any help would be most appreciated.

ac4g63, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  2. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

this is the programe i use to view my log files

http://perlprojects.net/projects/whoisonline/index.html

It tells you searches (KW) that people use, which search engine they find you through, links they follow to your domain, and pages viewed when they arive.

Also you will see the bot activity

Hope this may be of some use!!

Jim bob 9 pants, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Paid for programs like saletrack.co.uk offer can help you track referrals and conversions. Free stuff like statcounter.com do the same to a certain degree but without the benefit of analysing the history.

If you're site is PHP then there are many good useful scripts lke on hotscripts.com that you can use and install on your own site. Your logs should give you some idea as well.

T0PS3O, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  4. ac4g63

ac4g63 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you thats an awesome little program. Now is there a way I can track purchasing visitors specifically?

ac4g63, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  5. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    sadcox66, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  6. Phil Tanny

Phil Tanny Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure if this helps, but I choose micfo.com as my web host because they have free Urchin stats for all your sites with them. I love Urchin stats! :) Urchin.com has details.

Phil Tanny, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  7. adsets

adsets Peon

Best Answers:
    Another great site for tracking is statcounter.com. It is free, there is nothing to install and it does a pretty good job considering the price.

adsets, Mar 12, 2005 IP