1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by wrlowell, Jul 11, 2014.

My site has been active for over a year, and to the best of my knowledge, I have been abiding by the rules of Adsense.

I updated my WP theme and started using new widgets that were offered. That night, I received a violation. I changed to a different them, and repealed the violation. They are still saying the same thing.

I don't know what I have done. Can someone help?

Example page that was given:
    http://vampireunderworld.com/vampire-books-2/polidori-the-vampyre/

I have also contacted the plugin of the Amazon product that I posted in the blog post, and they've not heard any violations with blogs using their plugin. The theme developers said the same.

This is what Adsense said:
    * Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank.
    * Avoid "doorway" pages created just for search engines, or other "cookie cutter" approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.
    * Make a site with a clear hierarchy and text links. Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.

wrlowell, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content is not unique. Also, the site looks good until you look at the Amazon ads - especially that sidebar widget. How many Adsense placements did you have on a page like that?

cronik, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  3. wrlowell

wrlowell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Three adsense blocks. A 728x15, 336x280 and 125x125

That amazon block keeps acting up. It's supposed to be a 2x3 product block, but it's reverting to the 1x6.

wrlowell, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  4. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, widgets is one issue that Google doesn't like to be used, because they call it link manipulating.

Check out This Post: Keep Link Building Methods As Whitish As Possible. Should help you out understanding what you are allowed and what you aren't

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  5. wrlowell

wrlowell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Instead of widgets, what would be recommended? The only widgets I'm using are to hold ad codes, like Adsense and amazon affiliates. I read the article, but I don't really see where my widgets would be a "do not do". They're not "pattern links"

wrlowell, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  6. imperioli

imperioli Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A little tip, market amazon or adsense. Not the both at the same time. Depending on the products you're promoting, amazon will get you more revenue. Don't bother your visitors with ugly adsense ads that will only get you a few cents click.

And of course, use original content in a review style, like you actually received the product.

These people are already on a buying mode, make them happy :)

imperioli, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  7. stewiex

stewiex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem
    How do you remove that amazon widget and ? Still learning hehe
    Mine is on top right, would like to replace it whit an adsense add, but not sure how to
    http://fudgetopping.com/

stewiex, Jul 20, 2014 IP