1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need help with this php jobboard script

Discussion in 'PHP' started by b2breps, Dec 16, 2014.

I recently installed smartjobboard script and the home page seems to be loading slowly. I contacted the software company and they told me it was the hosting that was slowing it down. When I contacted hosting they said everything was fine on there end. I was wondering if any php experts can take a couple of minutes and look at my site and let me know your thoughts on the slow load time. The site is http://www.retailjobsusa.com

Thanks,

Dan

b2breps, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  2. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anveto, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  3. b2breps

b2breps Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the link

b2breps, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    missing images and scripts won't be helping but they're not your big problem

upload_2014-12-17_10-20-10.png

upload_2014-12-17_10-20-40.png

I'd be checking the database queries and the table types and indexes.

One script I bought recently had some hugely inefficient code in it so don't assume that any script will have the performance stuff right.

sarahk, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  5. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are hosting it on an "unlimited" host. Looking at this Pingdom test result:

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/eLlxsA/http://www.retailjobsusa.com/

Your "wait time" for the main page is 9.9 seconds. For the most part, that is the time it takes waiting for the server to start transmitting the data, the time it takes for the server to generate the content. It could be an overloaded server or some very poorly written code.

It looks like you are trying to run a serious business website. To be honest, I don't think a website like that should be hosted on any shared host, not if you are serious about being successful. Shared hosting is cheap for a reason. And "unlimited" hosts tend to attract those that want to use as much resources as they can get away with for as little money as possible. If you are serious about your website and really want to be successful, I would suggest you go with a VPS or at least a business class shared hosting that is not "unlimited". All it takes is one customer to try to use "unlimited" resources for the server to become overloaded (if the host does not suspend the account quickly).

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    billzo, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  6. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yeah maybe another guy using that server is sending out maybe 1 million emails at the same time and spidering them off the internet daily and he's the guy that has our junk mail and inboxes overloaded with milf sites and grow your boobs and penis sites. and while he's smutting the whole cyberworld youre waiting for your little script to make its way back home. I wont have it, I ust wont have it oh my goodness

ezprint2008, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  7. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    some times ready made script applications load slow its better to develop a custom one

MrPJH, Jan 13, 2015 IP