1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with promotion

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Valentin Boubee, Mar 20, 2019.

Hi,

I've started a gardening and decoration ecommerce recently with rather unique products that no one sells here in Argentina, and so I need to gain some exposure so people can start to see and understand the way they work. I was planning to go to some local restaurants and cafes where they use plants as decoration and ask them if I could leave one of my products as part of their decoration (they'd just be there for people to see, I'm not planning to ask these places to sell my products), but I'm struggling to come up with something that I can offer in return so it's also a benefit for them.

What would you say I could give them in exchange for a place in their store?

Valentin Boubee, Mar 20, 2019 IP
  2. bodega

bodega Peon

Best Answers:
    Won't be effective in my opinion. People would probably notice it but wouldn't spend all their energy on: asking the restaurant/cafe owner where they can buy your product, find your website, find that item and buy it.

If you can't use FB ads or paid traffic, you're better off interacting with people in your niche. Where would people who would love your product hang out?

You need to build a relationship with these people first, you can't just push your product in their face. And expect them to buy it.

Have a look on decoration subreddits. I don't know, but you probably know more about where people who would love this stuff hang out.

bodega, Mar 21, 2019 IP
  3. Valentin Boubee

Valentin Boubee Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, will definitely try that! Still even if it doesn't work out I'm willing to give it a shot, just to put them out there, I think I'll give them as gifts and just let the restaurant owners do what they like with them.

Valentin Boubee, Mar 22, 2019 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wait a minute, if you have a unique product that would fit in nicely with an establishment's current decor (i.e., plants) why wouldn't you approach them and pitch it to them this way:

1. I will provide you with a rotating stock sample of my various products that will fit in nicely with your current plant decor and will enhance the experience of your customers.

2. If any of your customers are really interested in these unique products, there will be a small tag that they can see and it will have a price that they can purchase it for along with a url to my business.

3. If they buy the tagged product right there from your display, you will earn X% of each sale and I will then re-stock you with another product (or the same one.)

I have been in restaurants, hotels, and other places where art was on display (usually pictures hanging on the wall) and some of them had price tags on them so that I could buy something right then and there. I think that some of the businesses you approach with this concept will be open a free way to enhance their image and also perhaps make a little extra money.

jrbiz, Mar 22, 2019 IP
  5. Valentin Boubee

Valentin Boubee Peon

Best Answers:
    This is it! Can't thank you enough! I'll get to it now and I'll let you know how it turns out!

Thank you so much :)

Valentin Boubee, Mar 22, 2019 IP
  6. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should promote your business on social media and then start building followers to your business page. This might help you to brand your business.

MilesWeb, Mar 30, 2019 IP
  7. Tanay Kumar Das

Tanay Kumar Das Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Instead of going to promote locally it would be better if you can promote it digitally. Use your social media sites to create an awareness for your product and ask to visit at an exhibition. Post photos in instagram, Pinterst to make your plant popular.

Tanay Kumar Das, Mar 31, 2019 IP
  8. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting your website to rank at the top of the search engines is a definite must. The traffic is free and people trust the results that come up on the first page of the search results. If you have something that's worth talking about your customers will spread the word.

gregdavidson, Apr 8, 2019 IP
  9. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you could run Facebook Ads or Google Ads, you can try to start building a brand awareness campaign to let people know about your business first. You can also set up Google My business and Google maps to show your business when people searching about this.

daica85, Apr 9, 2019 IP