1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with opening files in photoshop

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by giacomo107, Dec 30, 2012.

Okay I have a question about adobe Photoshop and adobe illustrator.

I have hundreds of files with images and/or products I have purchased in the past that of course when you open the main file there maybe 100 sub files in them of Photoshop or illustrator but you can't see a preview of each one unless you open each individual one. (does that make sense).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For example of what I mean is say I have a folder called: bundles and then I click that folder and there is 20 sub folders so I click a sub folder called patterns- boxes- ribbons or one file I have has 100 business card templates in it all made in Photoshop. So I click that and inside there is 50 psd files inside of different ones but you cannot see a preview of any of those until you open each one in Photoshop.
    -------------------------------
    So right now what I been doing is opening each file in Photoshop and taking a screen shot and making a document with all 50 images and then saving it as a PDF of all 50 items inside and numbering them 1 to 50 (which takes hours), but in the future when I open that file instead of trying to figure out where one of the images-files are I just click the PDF and it shows me the number and then I just go down the list and open that file. That is fine except it takes me hours to do this and I have 50 gigs of stuff like this and would take me years at this rate.

So yesterday I figured out another way to do this is to open each file in Photoshop and just click save as and click JPEG and it makes an exact copy of the file with -in the file folder, but I still have to click every individual file and open them up before saving them as jpeg :-(. In illustrator I figured out clicking export and making a JPEG of each one also. So in essence at least I can click the jpegs to see the files before opening each one.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So here is the question: Is there a easier way and less time consuming way to do this? I would like to figure out a way so whenever I open a folder and click each sub folder even if there is 100 images in there I can click each one and see a preview without opening the file so I can find which one I want so it is faster? Thank you in advance -

giacomo107, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  2. nicksteve32

nicksteve32 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also looking for help in Photoshop can you suggest me some good video that how to learn photo shop.

nicksteve32, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  3. magpie0322

magpie0322 Peon

Best Answers:
    Classroom in a book CS

magpie0322, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  4. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried using Adobe Bridge to import your photos into PS or Illustrator?

muffet, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  5. cyblog

cyblog Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can create thumbnail and preview using Photoshop: File>>Automate>>Web Photo Gallery

cyblog, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  6. Benish Ali

Benish Ali Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Open pics in bridge than it shows pic in tumbnails and other many option for view double click on pic which pic you in photoshop and automatically it will be open in adobe photoshop.

Benish Ali, Feb 8, 2013 IP