1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with my site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Paul, Aug 17, 2004.

Hi

Quite new to this forum, I need major help with my site www.golfholidayinspain.co.uk in getting decent listings in google and yahoo etc. If I search by URL I find the site no problem and all sites with my link but if I search with keywords, I'm way down and so far down they can't be found. Can anyone please give me some direction? Is it my site setup or my keywords (which were recommended to me) what can I do to put it right and get 1st page listings. AD have had a go at optimization but nothing much appears to be happening. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Paul

Paul, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Paul.

I feel your pain. But urge caution. You have given your current company the opportunity to correct any problems with your site. You MUST allow them the time to do the job or you will have no legal position to fight from.

Either cut your losses and go down this route now, or allow them to remedy the situation. Regardless of what has happened in the past, you must extend the this courtesy, or terminate the agreement Preferably with the agreement of both parties to avoid any legal action from either direction.

I would imagine that the phrases you are going to be pitching for are not going to be that hard if you do it right. You are going to need to make changes, and also sit yourself down with tea and buscuits and a spread sheet and do some submitting to directories, and link building.

The offer from WWWhomes is great, an ideal place to have a keyword rich link would be from that page at #17, that way if local rank comes back in then you will get a boost from it , plus it is relevant copy on page, which will help future proof the link.

I will gladly help you 'for free', if you want some help and advice from a guy who does alright by his clients ;)

I am old bald and stupid though lol

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know where the Old Welsh Guy got all this information??? What did I miss?

But if you want help with a site you should at least post the URL so we know what you are talking about.

Having said that however, the answer to 99.9% of questions like yours is that you need more inbound links. Optimization of the site content, and other on-page items isn't going to cut it. That and the fact that the waiting time to see any results in Google seem to be 3 to 4 months these days are probably all contributing factors to your present situation.

compar, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  4. Paul

Paul Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Compar

My URL is www.golfholidayinspain.co.uk. I posted a separate issue under optimisation joing a whole host of Alex Dolyle customers, the Welsh Guy has seen me there...worth a read if you haven't already! I would appreciate some feedback if you get a chance to look at my site.

Thanks

Paul

Paul, Aug 18, 2004 IP
  5. amberstar702

amberstar702 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was very much taken with the aesthetics of your website and am only going to comment about the appearance. Everything looks so charming that I have to control my impulse to start packing.

Colors, photos, descriptions are great. One question only: since all the units are connected, here in the United States, we would call the unit a townhouse or condo. Is "house" a correct description in your local real estate language?

Good luck with your website!

Cordially,

Terri Arnold
    **Affordable SEO for Small Businesses**
    Website Promotion/Copywriting/Editing/Press Releases

amberstar702, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  6. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a very quick and cursory look at you site. I agree that the aethsetics are very nice.

A couple of quick observations:

1. I'd get rid of all of this from the head section.

<meta name="author" content="golfholidayinspain">
    <meta name="author" content="site optimized by Alex Doyle Associates">
    <meta name="robots" content="all,index,follow">
    <meta name="distribution" content="Global">
    <meta name="language" content="en-uk">
    <meta name="reply-to" content="pjohnston@heery.co.uk">

2. I'd change the title. You want to put your most important keyword phrase first. "golfhoilsdayinspain" does you absolutely no good. Google can't parse these words. The title should be two or three keyword phrases at the absolute maximum. Otherwise you just dilute everything that is in the title.

If Doyle did that title I'm really surprised. I'd say it was terrible the way it is.

compar, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  7. Paul

Paul Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comments. At present and since March I haven't be able to do anything towards keywords etc. etc. as Alex Doyle have been paid a lot of money and guaranteed me no. 1 in 27 search engines. This obviously hasn't happened and judging by your comments the web optimisation doesn't sound very good so this will never happen. I will need to do it on my own.

Paul, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  8. amberstar702

amberstar702 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Paul:

NOBODY (repeat nobody) can assure you of a Number 1 placement in a search engine - no matter how much you pay them. It is not possible for anyone to do this.

It amazes me how many posts I have read in various forums about individuals such as yourself paying out large sums of money in the belief they will magically achieve a Number 1 position.

What we tell our clients is that we will attempt to get them the best possible SE placement - and that is what we do.

Cordially,

amberstar702, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  9. mohamad1983

mohamad1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    why would u get rid of these are they somekind harmfull ?

I'd get rid of all of this from the head section.

<meta name="author" content="golfholidayinspain">
    <meta name="author" content="site optimized by Alex Doyle Associates">
    <meta name="robots" content="all,index,follow">
    <meta name="distribution" content="Global">
    <meta name="language" content="en-uk">
    <meta name="reply-to" content="pjohnston@heery.co.uk">

mohamad1983, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  10. pos-t-vac.com

pos-t-vac.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice site!

pos-t-vac.com, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  11. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    May i see your site? Maybe your site went to google filter like sandbox

wekop, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  12. pos-t-vac.com

pos-t-vac.com Peon

Best Answers:
    pos-t-vac. com
    pos-t-vac. org

pos-t-vac.com, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  13. USA Traffic

USA Traffic Peon

Best Answers:
    i am having problem too my site was shown by google some days ago but now non of the link are there

USA Traffic, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  14. yakuzarac3r

yakuzarac3r Peon

Best Answers:
    i will go with what amberstar said above!!

yakuzarac3r, Jun 14, 2011 IP