1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with my DMOZ submission

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by mlagift, Dec 10, 2005.

1. mlagift

mlagift Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL. yes your correct. My Mistake. that should be 2 days before the end of January. My apologies Imocr :)

mlagift, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  2. KBurgandy

KBurgandy Peon

Best Answers:

Hi... I am also facing the same problem what you are facing. Actuall the thing is different in my case. Almost a one and a half year back I had different domain name. but since 1.5 yrs I am using a new domain name which is almost similar to my old one. The whole content of both the domains were same too and because of that my site with new domain name also had faced panelty from google :eek: but now the panelty is removed by google and my site again has good rank in Google search engine. :) But my real problem starts here.

I tried to submit my new domain name no. of time (5-7 times) to dmoz but whenever I try to search my domain name search result always represents my same old domain name. So is there any way to remove my old domain name from dmoz ? What to do in case of submitting my new doamin which is almost similar to the old one?

Thnx in Advance...

Plz help me...

KBurgandy, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  3. pagode

pagode Guest

Best Answers:
    Go to the category your old site is listed in.
    Click on `update listing´.
    On the first screen enter the old url.
    On the next screen overwrite the url with the new one.
    Fill in the reason.
    But remember. If the old url is still working or has no information (automatic redirect or text pointing to the new url) about the change your request will most probably be denied.
    DMOZ editors need prove of the change, else anyone could ask to get the listing of your site to be changed to their site.

pagode, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  4. KBurgandy

KBurgandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thnx a Lot.....:)

My old url is still working. :eek:
    so what should i do in that case ?
    Can I still make any changes in dmoz regarding my old url and place my new url in place of it?
    would it be possible?

5. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simply redirect the old URL to the new one - either automatically or with a human readable notice on it.

Of course, if you aren't able to implement either of those, it'll take some effort to convince anyone that the change request is legitimate.

jimnoble, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  6. KBurgandy

KBurgandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey thnx,

Though I have just updated my Old url with the newer one. Lets hope for the best that dmoz would allowe me and accept my changes.