1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help With My Blog

Discussion in 'Programming' started by FatHate, Jun 21, 2015.

Hi all

I recently joined and after reading all sections, I think this is where I would get help.

My blog is just for fun, its called fathate.com and I just post funny things.

Recently I used my friends web browser that didnt have adblock and noticed that when you click any image on my site, it opens a new tab and I personally hate pop up ads, specially those that seem infectious. What concerns me is that I did not put up anything besides google adsense ads.

Can anyone please help me figure out how to get rid of those pop up ads?

I looked in the theme and on my cpanel and I can not figure out where that crap is coming from. Any aid is appreciated. No this is not click bait im just new to all this and need help and a friend told me to ask here on DP.

Thanks

FatHate, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing it's one of the javascripts on your site (you have 6 or 7 of them in total, including the one embedded on the page) - I would try to disable one after the other, and see if the problem disappears.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  3. FatHate

FatHate Peon

Best Answers:
    Where do i find javascripts i can disable?

FatHate, Jun 21, 2015 IP
    Bedwan likes this.
  4. HostPuma

HostPuma Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is whats causing the pop-up:

<scripttype="text/javascript">
    var adfly_id = 9967773;
    </script>
    <scriptsrc="https://cdn.adf.ly/js/display.js"></script>

Code (markup):
    You should find it in your theme header.tpl or footer.tpl and delete it. If its not there, then it could be a plugin you installed.

HostPuma, Jun 21, 2015 IP
    Bedwan likes this.