1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need help with Magento

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Ramagrawal, Mar 28, 2015.

I am working a e-commerce website and bought a magento theme for it...now I am looking for a solution that can i convert this in multi vendor platform where in vendors can manage, add or remove products and update prices at their end on my website also vendors should be able see their store if they type url for example www mywebsite com/vendorname... Please help

Ramagrawal, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can do this much easier with wordpress. The solutions for multi vendor stuff in Magento ranges from 350 to thousands of dollars.

N.

Nigel Lew, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  3. Ramagrawal

Ramagrawal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Nigel for your reply .. please help further as right now I am on Magento and theme is also a Magento theme so can I migrate the current setup to word press and and if yes then please advise how do I work it out in wordpress

Ramagrawal, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well the theme is another conversation but likely a non issue. You will have to export everything from Magento into Wordpress and probably just use marketpress with wordpress running in network mode. This allows you to let folk set up stores and take a percentage of all sales etc.

Tad busy so I know that was sort of a quick response but I am happy to lend a quick hand. Its not that vexing really.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  5. Ramagrawal

Ramagrawal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    really appreciate your help Nigel, I was stuck with magento but I am trying to fix, will sure seek your kind help in case if I finally decide to switch to worpress

Ramagrawal, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you have about 1000 dollars to throw at the problem its simply not going to happen with Magento. Just an FYI.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  7. Katherine Noto

Katherine Noto Member

Best Answers:
    hi nigel
    if i would have got 1ooo dollars to throw i would buy a new brand car for emi nice quote, thanks, i think this magento is little risky,,,

Katherine Noto, Mar 31, 2015 IP
  8. anh998

anh998 Member

Best Answers:
    with an ecommercial solution, i think WP is still ok but with a super solution then Magento should be mention.
    even though we do both of this services
    skype me: dearbrother5

anh998, Jun 25, 2015 IP