1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help with Keywords for my web site

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by moneymaker2, Apr 25, 2005.

Hello,

Please help. I have a web site and I can't seem to find the best keywords to drive traffic to the web site. I was given the keyword tracker but do not understand how to use it. Is there anyone who can look at my web site and give me suggestions for keywords. I thought the more keywords the better so I put on a lot. Then I am finding that some serach engines will not accept web sites that have a lot of keywords.

I have promoted to a lot of safe lists, free classified web sites, and search engines. MY counter has to teh 19,000 mark twice. I have nto had a sale in about 2 months. I really need sales I am in deep debt due to an injury I had my left foot run over by a car Oct 2004. I am still unable to walk on hard surfaces like wood or tile floors or sidewalks. I used to walk 3 to 4 miles a day now I can only from the house to the car.

This my url Please stop by and help.

http://www.kathrynschwartzworldofproducts.com

your friend,

Kathryn Schwartz :)

moneymaker2, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  2. lurkster

lurkster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried the DP keyword suggestion tool? It works great!

For some suggestions, I would say stick with the theme of your site. For instance, on the Home Decor page, stay with keywords that revolve around Home Decor, Decor, Home Decorations, etc.

Hope this helps a little.

lurkster, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Shouldn't you be suing the car driver?

As for your website ... it's impossible to tell what the focus of your site is about. I certainly wouldn't buy from it simply because there is an issue of trust when using the internet and your site just does not inspire any in me, the potential customer.

A better domain name would help too - i.e. without the 'worldofproducts' add-on. kathrynshwartz.com, or worldofproducts.com - either works but not together.

Why should anyone buy from your site when the same stuff is available from a thousand others? It looks as though you have signed up for affiliate links and slapped them on a webpage using a 'shotgun approach'

mcfox, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  4. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    The problems you have are not just traffic.

Some Tips
    1. Use the keyword suggestion tool http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion - not the tracker.
    2. Change the headings and titles to useful keywords not "products"
    3.Improve the quality of the products + images.
    4. Move all products and anything you actually want people to see 'above the fold" - top 1/2 of the page.
    5. Add keyword rich content to every page
    6. Take a good look at what your competitors do.
    7. Read alot more in these forums.
    8. Keep asking questions.

Design Agent, Apr 29, 2005 IP