1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need HELP with filtering PERSISTENT bots!

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by mony49, Aug 25, 2022.

Hi all,

In the past few weeks, we've encountered bots coming from certain countries (in my case, the Czech Republic, Seychelles, and The Netherlands).

These bots are using dynamic IPs so they are difficult to block, but we were able to see that the region they come from is (not set) - from these countries. We know these are bots because the bounce rate is very close to 100% and the time on site is less than a second.

We wanted to create filters where visitors coming from these countries AND from a region set to (not set) would be excluded.
    However, weren't able to create a filter with an AND operator.

To "stop the bleeding", so to speak, I created a filter that excludes all visitors coming from a region that is set to (not set), but that also includes countries where visitors from (not set) regions have a normal bounce rate and time on site, so I'm actually removing some valid visitors from the filtered view.

1. Has anyone else encountered these kinds of bots, and

2. Does anyone have a better solution to filtering these?

Thank you!

mony49, Aug 25, 2022 IP