1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need help with dmoz

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by kevinm81, Dec 5, 2011.

Hello

please help listing our sites on dmoz

thank you

kevinm81, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  2. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What sort of help do you need?

jimnoble, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  3. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have submit five website but still not listed . i have follow complete guideline . like i have submitted objectsynergy.com but still waiting for listing :(

OSSEO, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  4. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did either of you find the time to read the sticky 101 thread at the top of this forum? Amongst other things, it explains why elapsed times are variable and can be long.

jimnoble, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  5. domainnamesalez

domainnamesalez Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck getting help in getting your site listed in DMOZ. I have seen many people waiting for years for their site to be listed with no luck...I would suggest, don't stress too much to get your site there, go and hunt for other directories out there.

domainnamesalez, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  6. kevinm81

kevinm81 Peon

Best Answers:
    is there anyway to expedite ?

kevinm81, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  7. domainnamesalez

domainnamesalez Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately no. DMOZ is a directory maintained by volunteers so there is nothing much you can do about it but wait.

domainnamesalez, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can try 3rd party sites like Scriptlance which has plenty of completed transactions with positive feedback for site listings. However, to do something like trying to pay your way in can (and often does) result in not only the site you paid to get listed banned, but all affiliated sites!

You can also try to become an editor, as listing your own site is well within the guidelines, provided your listing conforms to the guidelines (if it does not, then once again you run the risk of getting banned).

Your best bet, as always is to simply submit & forget...

Qryztufre, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  9. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can always pay money and get scammed like this http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2345303&page=2#post17111281

Cheaper way is to find the correct category, submit your site,giving it a guideline compliant title and description and then promote your site elsewhere, there is nothing more you can do at DMOZ,unless you want to become an editor, and trying for that just to get your site listed......we have skilled editors who work on those applications and can usually weed out those who want to just list their site. Though they do sometimes slip up.

Anonymously, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  10. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Not a very good example of a scam really. Its like any other service, if you pay for something, don't get it, you get your money back. Then of course there are the two that did get in....then once again, all those completed transactions on 3rd party sites with POSITIVE feedback. Surely those folks didn't get scammed. I mean, it would be a VERY VERY odd thing to give positive feedback for someone that didn't follow through and only took your money.

But you are correct, getting scammed is certainly another risk one must take. Imagine getting banned & scammed!

In the end, I don't suggest paying (as why pay for something that is free). But many folks do seem to pay, and that seems to work for them.

Qryztufre, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  11. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you read the thread you would see that s/he operated by getting a couple of sites listed,positive feedback, and returning money to others, gaining money for something that the person could have done. Ofcourse we have had editors who have taken money, not editors anymore, banned for life and we have some sites banned because they offered money to editors.

I am surprised at you wanting to involve yourself by commending such sites and advertising them so that people on here may get ensnared.

Anonymously, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  12. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    I gave the warnings about getting banned and/or scammed. I also said "why pay for something that is free" so *shrug* If people are wanting to do such things then yes, I do recommend such actions...no matter how foolish it is.

And as for taking money for something that can be done for free, then I assume that you also include buying food at a restaurant as a scam, as one could easily make their own spaghetti for $3 rather then spending $9.95 to have someone do it for them...

Qryztufre, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  13. chiwan

chiwan Peon

Best Answers:
    Dmoz sucks ... :(

chiwan, Dec 23, 2011 IP