1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with direction of my domain. Impeachdonaldjtrump.org

Discussion in 'Websites' started by timc795, Jan 25, 2017.

Hi and this is my first post here!

Well, I am an amateur web designer but I have made some nice sites that I sold for profit mutiple times. That being said, I am not a pro like most of you guys, it is part time hobby for me.
    I bought impeachdonaldjtrump.org before the elections because those sites usually take off for any president, let alone this controversial one. All politics aside, this is a money making venture for me, I could care less about the politics.

My question is, since the domain name is rather good, what is the best avenue to take? Right now I have an html template I through up just to test some keywords and R+D. Should I switch to a wordpress magazine blog and really add content daily to build a following or should I just sell it straight out the way it is and let someone else handle it that knows what they are doing? It's on flippa now, but so are millions of other sites so it might not go anywhere.

2nd part of question, what is the best way to monetize this and do you guys think it is worth it? Am I just dreaming this is a good domain name or is it and move forward?

So to reiterate:
    #1 Should I leave it simple one page html and throw up a donation button and some adsense or switch to wordpress mag blog and pump up articles plus donation button and adsense.
    #2 Is the domain that good or am I possibly wasting time?
    #3 Is the domain name good enough to just sell right now or better to build the numbers up and content, and then sell..

Any and all advice would be welcome. My time is limited to about 7 hours a week for this project if I stick with it.

Thanks everyone in advance!

timc795, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  2. WP Screamer

WP Screamer Member

Best Answers:
    If you bought the domain name merely as an investment with hopes of selling it, then I would just sit on it. Anyone interested in such a domain will find you. There are sites where you can put your domain up for sale, a simple search will yield you results. Adding any form of content will do little to raise the price or increase your chances of selling it. Unless you are willing to spend the time building and promoting it into a Blog or Website with authority.

WP Screamer, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  3. timc795

timc795 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am probably going to go the blog route and a following should be easy with this type of site. Hopefully I will get volunteer contributors for the "cause". This will keep content fresh, allow me to sell it while it's hot, and also provide ad stream in the meantime. Thanks for your advise.
    Either go full speed, or just sit on it, no in between is what I took from your answer.

timc795, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Two things go against that domain name: the middle initial and .org. It won't rank high.

On the other hand some people will bitch about his impeachment for the next 4 (possibly 8) years, so you are guaranteed to have an eager crowd for at least that long. #1 and #3 will be your best bet, I believe.

qwikad.com, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  5. timc795

timc795 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advise. I am hedging my bet on the emotions of politics for next few years to drive my traffic.

If this helps any, I also own
    impeachdonaldjtrump.net
    I forgot about that. Any better? I like the .org more for donations and to start a rally etc etc.

timc795, Jan 26, 2017 IP