1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with database transfer

Discussion in 'Databases' started by ezymoneyathome, Jul 9, 2006.

Hi Gang

I recently purchased a site using indexu as a script. I am changing the site over to phplinkdirectory. I have the new directory uploaded. I changed because the script was not search engine friendly. The problem i have is there are 2000 links already on the site. I need to move them over to the new directory. Is this possible or just do it manually

Thanks Kevin

ezymoneyathome, Jul 9, 2006 IP
  2. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe theirs any auto-importers out there but You could build the category structure with the same Category ID's as your previous system. Then, insert all items with the same associated category id's. You might need to figure out "how" to get the correct SQL to import them all - but I would try a mass dump using PHP. Pull, Insert, Loop or pull twenty at a time, insert twenty at a time. Something of that nature. Or you could try the old-school way and open notepad, Create your INSERT INTO .... SQL, and copy and paste many times, then do a replace with your inserted items, then run the huge semi-colon terminated SQL calls.

ccoonen, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  3. DanInManchester

DanInManchester Active Member

Best Answers:
    Data transformation services (DTS) are a good way to move data around hwoever I'm not sure what databases you are working with. You can connect them to most databases though.

You can script them in VB/VBA or use the package designer in eterprise manager.

Failing that you can write something using a language of you choice and SQL.

DanInManchester, Jul 12, 2006 IP