1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with a weird situation

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by allwayslearning, Apr 18, 2011.

Need help getting traffic research for http://www.webbusinesstoolsonline.com/website-and-free-tools.html which is a page on my site I have a very weird situation going on. Several years ago I build a page that said anyone who bought a SBI site from me would get a CD with free website tools on it. Even though that offer was made on some of my SBI preselling pages no one ever filled it out. I told anyone who bought a site to fill out the form including the last 4 numbers of their phone number so I could variety they bought a site since that information is on each email SBI sends when a site is sold.

I removed the text links promoting this since it was not getting results. Over the past year this page keeps showing up in the Top 200 of 346 Total Pages but I cant find it listed in
    Top 100 of 301 Total Entry Pages. If it is listed in that group of stats it is far down and I have over looked it.

I have gone though all my SBI preselling pages and do not see a link to this page. Since it ranks so high I want to find our were the traffic is coming from so I can find a way to take advantage of it.
    I am considering changing the page from the free offer to selling SBI another way but need to know what is making people click on it as it may be a text link somewhere. If that is the case if I change the page I need to change the text link. There does not seem to be a way to figure this out in my stats area of my site. Someone told me I could get this information using Google analytics. I set up an account for my site but could not find stats for an individual page anywhere. I do know are all kinds of tools and codes and so on to get more info but it is too complicated for me.
    Then I discovered that add a sub domain like the one I need stats on by adding a profile. So I added by creating another profile. After having it added for a few days I checked and it reported no traffic at all for that page.

Seeing this page in the top 10 of my SBI stats consistently I was surprised that there was no traffic reported.

Either I did not set this up right in Google politics’s. the stats Google analytics. is reporting is wrong or the SBI stats are wrong. By the way when setting this extra profile up I did get a code to past to all pages but since I am only interested in this one page that is the only page I pasted it in.

Other stats in Google syphilitics. for my home page domain are showing up OK in Google syphilitics.

When checking stats for my home page I thought Google analytics. had a way to see both internal links going to each page as well as other traffic sources and statistic for sub domain’s on a site. When I signed up for this with my home page domain name there was an option to click for sub domains yet I cant find them.

The bottom line here is I want to know where the traffic to http://www.webbusinesstoolsonline.com/website-and-free-tools.html is coming from including if it is coming from an internal link to that page I have overlooked. Any help would mean a lot to me.

allwayslearning, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  2. wilderness

wilderness Member

Best Answers:
    Google only shows two links to that page.

wilderness, Apr 23, 2011 IP