1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with a new client website design....

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by NewComputer, Aug 27, 2004.

I have a new client who is looking for something that I am completely stumped with where to start. I have the keywords taken care of etc... but as far as images and layout go, I have no idea where to start.

The site is for portable message boards. You may have seen them before. They are big and black like a chalk board and they have fluorescent letters. I have no idea where to begin. The company is not very familiar with the internet, but the potential of referrals from these guys is enormous. They connect with everyone and their signs are everywhere in BC.

I want to do a great job, but the thought of taking pictures of their signs is cheesy. My one idea for doing something in flash where clients could move letter and numbers around etc.... went out the window when I realized I have ZERO experience in Flash.

So, here I am, reaching out looking for ideas. Their logo makes it hard to mix and match too. Here is a sample of their logo http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/Punchy1/2-way-signs-logo.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Small site, 8 pages, potential referral business, ENORMOUS!!!

NewComputer, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    That logo looks like glitz is going to be the order of the day.

If I had to go it along without graphic artist I would go for black background. Shape of logo is going to make it hard to incorporate in standard cookie cutter design. Seems like logo just about sets your color scheme. I might try to add some shading. Possibly use mouseover to alter shading.

Let us know when you get your design set up. I would love to see what you do with it.

Shannon

Smyrl, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  3. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have no experience on flash I suggest to outsource it. I recommend an offshore site that you can get cheap bids.

http://www.pinoyoutsource.com

melfan, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  4. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    mhhh...

without flash or designer - as the ides is two sided a very simple navigation - >turn< - springs to mind FRONT (home) TURN(goes through the pages) BACK(contact)

or top left logo along some real pic's, examples, production etc
    You could put the logo (sign) on a pole and adjust your navi down along the pole and plant it in sketch of a street .....
    Just some Saturday morning ideas
    Best of Luck

M

expat, Aug 28, 2004 IP