1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help regarding wordpress wp-o-matic plugin.

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by life31, Dec 20, 2007.

After succesfully adding and activating the wp-o-matic plugin to my blog the problem i am fascing is that it does not work.

After i add a campaing and press submit it gives me the following error:

Image cache path /home/life/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache is not writable!

I tried checking the plugin/wp-o-matic folder but i dont see any file like cache there.

I think that it does not work cos the cache file isant there? How do i add this file there now?

Or what do i do o that it starts working fine?

life31, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  2. yeahdisk

yeahdisk Peon

Best Answers:
    Logon to your server with your FTP Client, navigate to the wp-o-matic folder. If there isn't a folder called cache, create one. Once its been created, you need to ensure that it has write permissions enabled. With most FTP clients, you can right-click on the folder and select 'permissions' or 'properties': If it gives you some tick-boxes makes sure all the 'write' ones are ticked. If it shows you a 3 digit code, set the code to '777'.

Hope that helps.

yeahdisk, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  3. life31

life31 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ya thanks dude got it right. By the way wow! great to see that this is your first pos on this forum. Welcome and Great going.

One more thing i would like to clear is is it safe to set it to 777. I heard that its a bit unsafe and attract lots of spam. Is it?

life31, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  4. yeahdisk

yeahdisk Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so really. All you folders and files will be within a 'user' folder set with permissions of 111 on your server (at least they should be) so any hacker would have to get through that.

(Which, if they really really wanted to do, they probably could. But there isn't much that can protect you from a hacker who really really wants to do something)

So, in short, you should be fine.

yeahdisk, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  5. itsjeremy

itsjeremy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey yeahdisk, thanks. That tip is exactly what I was just searching the net for! Worked.

itsjeremy, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  6. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am experienced errors while i tried to pull my blogspot blog to belowsaid wordpress blog via wp-o-matic plugin

Last 16 blog posts exported are look like just html.

But the same practice at my another test blog at previous host is successful.
    Help me to rectify this.

please look my site and help me to rectify the problem.

jamuna, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  7. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    what's your site address? I will check out to see what did you mean

kaung, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  8. dob

dob Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello - quick related question from an absolute noob: I'm going to install wp-o-matic in my ...public_html/wp-content/plugins directory. I've unzipped the wp-o-matic download and now see the wp-o-matic file folder. Do I just drag the whole file folder into above directory - or do I need to open the file folder and ftp all files I can find separately? If the latter: can you please specify which files I need to ftp (if not all)?

Any help appreciated as I'm obviously a total beginner!

dob, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  9. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    if you use latest wordpress, you can go to
    - plugins > add new from side panel or
    - scroll to very bottom after clicking plugins and choose "Plugin Browser/Installer", then search by typing tin wp-o-matic and it'll help you auto install

and to answer your question, yes. upload the whole folder to wp-content/plugins through ftp. But thats after you unzip the folder. But make sure you are uploading the right inner folder because sometimes unzipping give you multiple folders nested before reaching to the last inner folder. You will know if it's last main folder if there're no more same folder name within.

Ex: folder1 > folder1 > folder1 > xcontents

after uploading, go to wordpress admin, plugins and activate.

kaung, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  10. techie007

techie007 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to extract the zipped the folder and drag the complete folder under the plugins folder.

/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic

You don't have to place the files separately, just copy the complete folder.

Thanks,

techie007, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  11. dob

dob Peon

Best Answers:
    Six minutes after I posted the question I already had a reply! Thanks so much to both of you - appreciate your help!

PS. The setup seems to have worked:D

dob

dob, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  12. cathfan

cathfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I had problem input the feed url. I key-in something like http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping but when it check the url, it show cross/error at the end of feed url row. Why it happened? Am I input a wrong url?

cathfan, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  13. online07

online07 Member

Best Answers:
    thanks dear this thread help me

online07, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  14. ccptnmacro

ccptnmacro Peon

Best Answers:
    I installed wp-o'matic with no real issues, but when I setup a feed to parse, it only returns the first line. Here's one I'm trying to setup now.
    autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=rss10&mime=xml
    Am I using the wrong URL?

ccptnmacro, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  15. ccptnmacro

ccptnmacro Peon

Best Answers:
    I am including the h t tp ://www in front, but the forum will not let me post full links because I'm a noob.

ccptnmacro, Feb 16, 2011 IP