1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help Regarding "Serve static content from a cookieless domain"

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by jahangir, Nov 14, 2010.

I just installed "Page Speed" browser addon from Google that works with "FireBug" addon.

When I open my site www.decentbanners.com FireBug scans the site performance and show the result and also suggest what steps should be taken to increase the site loading speed.

One of the suggestion it is showing is

"Serve static content from a cookieless domain"

It is saying

The list has many more images but just to give you an idea I am showing only few links.

Now how can I host my images on some other domain to make it load faster? Will it not increase the DNS lookup time then?

Or may be I am not getting the suggestion right?

jahangir, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  2. andrei10

andrei10 Member

Best Answers:
    Let me give you a tip.
    Try to create another subdomain, eg:http://static.decentbanners.com
    Store your css, javascript and those .gif files. Why? Server will handle easier requests from multiple domains.

Come back and tell me if something changed.
    Good luck!

andrei10, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  3. supportex

supportex Peon

Best Answers:
    So if your top-level domain needs cookies, the browser will send them while requesting files from subdomains too.
    The solution is to use another domain for static files. Like yimg.com for Yahoo.

supportex, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  4. alex paul

alex paul Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it is not recommended to serve static content without a cookieless domain. To avoid this warning you may integrate CDN services or create a subdomain for a cookieless server. The easiest way is to point this subdomain to your main domain using CNAME through DNS settings. Refer to this complete guide here https://www.cloudways.com/blog/serve-static-content-from-a-cookieless-domain-guide/ for further information.

alex paul, Oct 4, 2018 IP
    hostechsupport likes this.
  5. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hostechsupport, Oct 5, 2018 IP