1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help on my tech recruitment platform idea

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mrforum, Jul 20, 2020.

I am working on a platform to help SW engineers avoid unnecessary job suggestions/alerts, & find jobs which are 99% matching to their interests, I have contacted various SW/QA/DevOps engineers in LinkedIn and they say it's very great thing I am building.

And one person said the idea is great but not unique, I found that interesting as a critique and later found out that there are similar platforms like this.

I think hired.com which is a well established company, is a similar tool where the job posters pick the skills and options and then find matches.

Anyhow I was not yet able to get feedback from the recruiters side.

so I want to know if recruiters will find it helpful to use a tool where they can create job roles by simply selecting predefined areas/skills for a job role along with the required expertise level, and so that it can be used by the algorithm to make accurate matches, or will they only prefer the traditional method of copy pasting the job text or uploading the job ad image?

Will really appreciate if you can shed some light on this :)

mrforum, Jul 20, 2020 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you are able to offer recruiters access to more, highly targeted prospects than they currently have access to, you may find them interested. Note that, right now, the power play for recruiters is to sign up for the linkedin Recruiters Tools for searching and contacting potential candidates. The thing about linkedin is that most people tend to keep it updated well with the latest information about their experiences, skills, training, etc. This means that recruiters are relatively assured of finding the best candidates based on the most recent information. You will need to demonstrate to recruiters that you can provide additional/better information than they can get now.

jrbiz, Jul 21, 2020 IP
    mrforum likes this.
  3. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey that's some useful thoughts, thank you!

mrforum, Jul 21, 2020 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    ziprecruiter does something similar. They have a basic job search, but then you can actually submit your resume / application and they will match you with the right employer on their end. They are spending massive amounts of money on advertisement. Have you tried to contact them?

qwikad.com, Jul 21, 2020 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the OP is focused on SW engineers and will be going very granular: e.g., differentiate between an embedded programmer skilled with the KEIL C compiler versus one who has worked with the IAR C compiler. Ziprecruiter does not offer that level of analysis, as far as I am concerned.

@mrforum you should check out slintel.com as there may be some possibility of collaboration for you in the future. They claim to store data on companies and contacts based, in part, on the technologies that the company mentions in its hiring ads. E.g., if they are searching for a developer with AWS skills, they note that the company uses AWS and it can be a filter when you are researching contacts at that company. I have recently used them for a project and it worked out pretty well for a very small software niche.

jrbiz, Jul 21, 2020 IP
    mrforum likes this.