1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help monetizing my mobile traffic .. 1500+ daily visitors

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cowboy1015, Apr 10, 2014.

My new website started to get more traffic. It's already going through 1,500 visitors daily and still going up. Traffic is mostly from mobile. My site is responsive so it looks good in mobile.

I tried my best to position every ad units from Adsense but noone is clicking the ads. I think my CTR is well below 0.05% CTR... so I don't even get a dollar a day.

Majority of the traffic is related to mobile chat searches from google.

What do you guys do to monetize your mobile traffic? Any alternatives from Adsense?

Thanks.

cowboy1015, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You are not alone. Google and some other major advertisers are still trying to figure out how they can monetize mobile websites better.

AdSense is still #1 in PPC advertising, if you are struggling to make money with it, you will make virtually nothing with any other PPC program.

You need to experiment with your ads' positioning and color schemes. Sometimes something as simple as changing your ads' font color can increase the CTR.

qwikad.com, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  3. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    It's just frustrating. I've been working on this new site for months to get more traffic.
    My other site that is getting less traffic is at least averaging 15 a day.
    I'll try experimenting more on ad units.

Thank you for your reply.

cowboy1015, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  4. Mr Lee

Mr Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google related:

A) Linkwheels rock. That is the current model for traffic.
    B) Links from other countries (like India) = BAD - this will hurt your SEO and bring you less clicks. Google sees where your real traffic comes from

The other is look outside Google. They are a dominant form of traffic. But to succeed you need to find other resources. Some people like Facebook. There is a really good video course on buying FB traffic. Look up 'Facebook Ads Dynamite'. The guy claims to get as low as $0.04 per click. I watched most of it. It looks like a pretty solid plan for targeted traffic.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    Mr Lee, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  5. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    I hate these links from India... I dealt with a lot of spam posts in my other website coming from India.
    I have a classifieds site which is local to my country and these people keeps bombarding my site with "copy/paste job offers".

But anyway, traffic is not actually my issue. It's my adsense CTR for my new website... it's too low 0.05%. Majority of the traffic right now comes from North America and Europe and it's mostly mobile traffic. I guess mobile traffic is difficult to monetize. Because like I said, my other site is doing a lot better in terms of CTR but most of traffic is desktop.

But surprisingly, today, I got 9 clicks from mobile out of 2,500 pageviews (0.40% CTR).... I made $3.23 today... the most I made so far in a day for this site... haha.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  6. Mr Lee

Mr Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mobile traffic needs good landing pages. What you really want is them to do is give you a mobile number and allow you to send SMS messages. Those are the killer. Don't expect a purchase via normal methods.

The old days of buying stuff from Fiverr that had Indian traffic are over. Execs in the marketing bizz are straight up on Google Panda. 'Content, fresh content, and lots of content.' Unless you were doing it before, adding this adds to the costs of your business. I know people that run blogs with alot of content. Its alot of work. One guy I know pays $50-75 per post. The idea is to get others to contribute. But with 4 million blogs out there, who honestly has the time. People will provide content on sites like techcrunch and sites like these.

Mr Lee, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  7. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    Ok Mr. Lee... thanks for your replies... even though you've taken the thread out of topic. All I'm asking is how to monetize/improve mobile CTR... anyhow, still appreciates your input. :)

8. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    It seems as if people make money selling products they've actually used rather than just via syndicated ads.

Alyssa Lochmore, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  9. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you get such good amount of traffic, you can sell ad space on buysellads.com
    Good luck!

mrgadget, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  10. prozeal

prozeal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would help if I could see what you are doing with your ads on your site, then I could give you some ideas to try.

prozeal, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  11. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    I removed the 300x50 mobile banner. This almost don't convert at all.
    I replaced with two 300x250 at the bottom of the content.
    So far CTR improved from 0.05% to around 0.30% ... so I'm getting around 10 clicks a day so far.
    Still not good though.

I will pm you my website.

Thanks.

cowboy1015, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  12. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is a good starting point for making money online, It is definitely not something you should use for the long term as it just does not pay. in the case of having 1500 people daily, you should try and entice the visitors to leave their details with you so that in the future you can affiliate market to them. There are plenty of products in each niche to make some money out of it and if there isn't anything worthwhile in yours why don't you just create one for yourself. I was informed that with a list of 6000 people you could generate approximately $300 dollars a day through affiliate marketing. You can find products on Clickbank and jvzoo. By the way how did you manage to get 1500 people to your website daily?

KonRadicool, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  13. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm actually trying to explore CPA (peerfly) and clickbank. I have several websites. And I believe I have about 300k members overall on all my websites that I'm still trying to figure out how to monetize. All I use is Adsense.

How I managed to get 1500/day for this new site is from Google Search and SEO.

I developed the new site from scratch almost 10 months ago. I'm trying to grow a social media site. Sort of social news/content curation site similar to Reddit/Digg. Members can post anything and vote on it. The site is still changing as I add more features.

I started focusing on the site last month by posting several articles on my target keywords. The result... the traffic went from 200/day to... almost 2,000/day now. I think the trend is still going up.

What I did is research trending topics and wrote several posts about it. I believe my site SEO is pretty solid which helped pages rank well on google for its targetted keywords. I have several pages that is on page one of google on its respective keywords. Then what I do is build more posts around that keyword and extend to several related topics.

14. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Wow, sounds really good, how did you do all your research and what type of seo methods have you used to get your website doing so well in such a short period of time. What are your websites?
    In all honesty maybe you should focus on creating your own products so that you can sell them at maximum profit. I know for a fact that I would be interested in a step by step on how you got your website to grow so quickly :)
    Regards
    Konrad

15. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    PM'd you my sites. For trending topics, I go to Twitter, Reddit, and all other sites... also Google Trends. About specifics of my SEO strategy... it's a long post... I'll discuss next time.

And thanks for the business idea. I actually thought of doing this. How much do you think people will pay for this type of product? I've never done affiliates.

16. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Well depends on what you can offer, some products like that can go for $9 a pop to $100 plus on jvzoo and other affiliate networks. and to find out if you have a market put up a few generic posts on your website about making money online or generating traffic, and see how many people actually up it :)

17. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    Has anyone made any good money on JVZoo? It seems like a good network for advertisers of products who don't have a budget for joining large-scale networks who might require upfront payments for producers of products or servies (the original company not the reseller, i.e. Best Buy or Bluaer.com).

Boost_Software, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  18. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    Just an update.... this site started to earn an average of $8 per day.... from an abysmal almost $0 dollar per day. Removed all 300x50 mobile ads. I just have 1 300x250 ad on mobile and 2 ads on some pages with long texts. Some pages still don't have ads because I'm concentrating on signing up users. And CTR is still pretty low at 0.50% ... but a huge increase from 0.05% :).

So I'm pretty happy for now. Not to mention... the traffic also doubled in the last 2 weeks! The site is already doing 3k daily users from just 1.5k since I posted here. And a lot of users are registering to the site now.

In case you are all wondering... I developed a social media website called Dizkover.com. It has the main features you find in Reddit, Twitter, old Digg, Pinterest, and StackOverflow. You can follow interest (called "channels") and people. Members have profiles. I'm trying to compete with the big players and hopefully launch a native mobile app soon. And I'm working hard on adding nifty features to keep users coming back.

The most popular feature of my website is Dizkover.com/Snapchat/usernames .... it's a database of snapchat users looking for people to chat with. I designed it like Pinterest. Also... Dizkover.com/Kik/usernames is starting to get a lot of hits. But pretty much the trending "Channels" are the ones getting a lot of hits.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    cowboy1015, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  19. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    I have a humble suggestion, since claimed traffic is readily available, why don't you use ads or banner impressions to earn a little bit.

Yes the amount is insignificant but better than >0.05% rate right?

Good Luck,
    Commoner

Commoner, Apr 28, 2014 IP