1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help - Lost Blog Ranking

Discussion in 'SEO' started by vivek.baghel, Feb 19, 2016.

Hi Members,

I had a blog desiwhatsapp.com & it had good ranking over top 5 position as well as it has also 3.5k to 4k traffic from all over the world. My blog got noticed by official whatsapp in legal conditions and than I redirect it on funnychapter.com/ before couple of months.

Since I redirect my Desiwhatsapp to funnychapters.com ! My blog has lost traffic & funnychapter.com also not come on Google search.

Can any give me best suggest to get back my blog's ranking.

vivek.baghel, Feb 19, 2016 IP
  2. Malika.Sharma

Malika.Sharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    Couple of things -
    1. 301 redirects will help pass value from page A to B but do realize that some of the link equity is lost in the process
    2. After transferring, if the structure of the website (URL structure, content structure etc.) then that could hamper the rankings
    3. Have you applied canonical at all? It is required you put canonical too
    4. Have you ran a technical SEO audit of the new website to ensure there are no flaws?
    5. No brainer but still will mention here - are the pages indexed from new website. Check Robots.txt to ensure that all the pages can be crawled and indexed easily.
    6. Webmaster request for change of domain?
    7. Created sitemaps and included in robots.txt file?
    8. Compare how many pages are indexed from the new domain as opposed to how many were there on old domain.

I hope this gives some sort of direction.

Malika.Sharma, Mar 3, 2016 IP
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you manage to cope with the problem? At least is the redirection working? If not, check out the .htaccess file... Double check if the new domain is not banned by Google! ;)

patco, Mar 3, 2016 IP