1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help in Mihalism Multi Host script

Discussion in 'Programming' started by zinruss, Oct 28, 2008.

Greeting!

I need help and hope that you can offer your helping hand. I have an image hosting site. I believe most of you already aware of how to market an image host, example hire someone to upload pictures to your site and post them up on popular adult or celebrity forums. I use this trick and my site have pr 4 now and still able to get 700-1500 uv on daily basis even the promotional compaign stop.

Something is wrong with Mihalism Multi Host script. The memory usage of my dedicated server ( 2GB of ram ) is extremely high. What should i do?

Bandwitdh usage of my image hosting site ( from 1st october up to date ) : 933 Gig
    Total images uploaded : 16k+
    Total bot visit : 8k+
    Total unique visitors : 23k+

Please help. Thanks for reading.

zinruss, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  2. happpy

happpy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you have a dedicated server and it struggles on not even 1 terabyte total traffic in almost one month??
    there must be something wrong on your server
    maybe your server is really weak and your script does a lot of database querying and updating on each view?

happpy, Oct 28, 2008 IP
    zinruss likes this.
  3. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ur server only has image hosting site now ?

Bohra, Oct 28, 2008 IP
    zinruss likes this.
  4. zinruss

zinruss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for fast responce guys. I have 2 dedicated servers, one is low end ( 2gb of ram ) and another one is high specs server. My image host site hosted on low end server together with a few small sites. Total Bandwidth Usage: 1013.86 Gig. I am wondering how to tweak the script in order to decrease memory usage. Currently my image hosting site is ads free and i earn nothing from it yet. Registered users love it and keep on promoting my site. I will monetize the site when the daily visitor reach 5k mark.

zinruss, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  5. mmguru770

mmguru770 Peon

Best Answers:
    its bcoz ur users r using hot links which is making ur server struggle i can help if u wish pmme

mmguru770, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  6. zinruss

zinruss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True. Sound like enable hotlinking make the server struggle. I have disable hotlinking and the traffic drop from 900 uv to 383 uv. Em...i am wondering is it possible to tweak the script or anything in order to decrease the memory usage?

zinruss, Nov 1, 2008 IP